• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Took a trip to Gun Connection to check out the new M&P Shield. Very nice piece. I think it's going to be my next purchase.

Too bad it's not avail for purchase until mid-end of July. Stupid approved handgun registry list.

tailboardtech

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2011
    upperco
    I had my hands on one while I was there today too. My opinion on it is it's like my dads old wather it's just to small for me and my big hands. I think I will stick with a 9c

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    I was surprised it fit my hands. I have fairly large hands and my EMP that I now use for carry when I'm in Delaware, fits ok. The Shield fits so much better.

One thing I forgot was that I was told that S&W will be making the majority of the Shield in 9mm. 40 S&W will be limited supply. As of now, I have 500 rounds of .40 that I need shoot.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I shot the Shield last week and was quite happy with the way it preformed. It's one I may need in the future.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    I've handled most of the compact guns, the shield (with the longer mag) is the only one I can grip fully, and that won't bite my hand with the slide (G26 was a huge offender there). It doesn't have huge capacity, but that isn't a huge deal to me. Once it's out I'll be buying one.

systemmaster

MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2009
    Lost
    Held one in Freestate the other day. I want one now. They expected approval on or around July 1. I have a feeling these things will sell like hot cakes when approved. Down side is mags will be $$$ and initially scarce.

Anyone now a range that has one as a rental? Freestate didn't expect to have one to test due to the demand.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    I shot one and it shot really well. If you're looking for a compact 9mm this and the Walther PPS should be at the top of your lists, but having fired both I'd probably go with the Shield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom