• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Does anyone know how/where I can purchase the revised (current) sear housing and sear spring/plunger for an M&P40 (the no integrated lock and no thumb safety version)? The only place I saw one was Midway, but when I called, they said that they did not expect to get any in... at least not anytime soon. Thanks in advance for your help.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Try calling S&W directly?

What do you need the sear block for?

+1
    Call Smith and Wesson. Their customer service is excellent. My dad had to send in his 59 series last year. They were very quick and went above and beyond the work the gun needed.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Try calling S&W directly?

What do you need the sear block for?

S&W will not sell only the part, I am told. Though I'm pretty sure that S&W will replace it for me for free if I tell them that I am experiencing sear flutter (that's what they are saying on the M&P boards)... but I am not. I have about 8,000 rounds without a single FTF, FTE or any other kind of problem. However, I am getting ready to upgrade the action with Apex's FSS&T and RAM kits (just ordered them :thumbsup:) and have been told that flutter is a possibility if I do not upgrade to a heavier sear spring :tdown:. The problem is that the heavier sear spring that Apex supplies will not fit in the housing of my 2008 production run gun.

I figured that it would be easier to pay the $25 bucks for the new part without the downtime of sending the frame to S&W. I might not have any other options.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    S&W will not sell only the part, I am told. Though I'm pretty sure that S&W will replace it for me for free if I tell them that I am experiencing sear flutter (that's what they are saying on the M&P boards)... but I am not. I have about 8,000 rounds without a single FTF, FTE or any other kind of problem. However, I am getting ready to upgrade the action with Apex's FSS&T and RAM kits (just ordered them :thumbsup:) and have been told that flutter is a possibility if I do not upgrade to a heavier sear spring :tdown:. The problem is that the heavier sear spring that Apex supplies will not fit in the housing of my 2008 production run gun.

I figured that it would be easier to pay the $25 bucks for the new part without the downtime of sending the frame to S&W. I might not have any other options.

I would put the trigger in and see what happens. I'm running the DCAEK with no issues in the "old style" sear block. So I have the smaller sear spring. I realize that's not the kit you're putting in, but I'd give it a shot. Maybe the FSS has a lighter spring that comes with it or something? I dunno.

Worst case, use your factory spring. Clearly it's working now.

People on the internet like to blow issues out of proportion in an attempt to make their opinion seem more valid or just to draw attention to themselves.

Oh and something I just remembered... The RAM doesn't work in the new style sear block. So if you really want that, stop looking for a new sear block LOL.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Go here: http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/

The only one they have in stock is the one with the mag safety, but you can remove it and use the spring from your old sear housing block to hold the sear deactivitation lever in place. You will have to email them or call them to ask if it works with the RAM.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Oh and something I just remembered... The RAM doesn't work in the new style sear block. So if you really want that, stop looking for a new sear block LOL.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip. I definately want the RAM. The ambiguous reset is my only real gripe about the gun.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA

The only one they have in stock is the one with the mag safety, but you can remove it and use the spring from your old sear housing block to hold the sear deactivitation lever in place. You will have to email them or call them to ask if it works with the RAM.

That is a good site, I'd never seen it before :party29: I'm going to have to put an order in with them in the near future. :thumbsup:

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda

Great site... they have a heavier sear spring in the smaller diameter (i.e., that will fit my housing). I didn't know that anyone made them. For $6.95, it seems to solve my (potential) problems without replacing the sear housing. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom