• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I’m loving the metals from m&p but the competitor was really screaming for a red dot. I’m not an optics guy but gave in and put a vortex venom on it. I have noticed when I dry fire the dot shifts to the left when the trigger goes click. Anyone else have this happen?

I zeroed today and noticed my groups to the left a little.

TD

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Just curious, what happens when you dry fire with your left hand? Does the dot still move left on the trigger break?

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Dang why didn’t I think of that! I’ll try and let you know.
    TD
    So I got curious and went to try it out.

Right hand strong two hand grip-dot pops a little to left on click

Left hand week two hand grip-dot moves very little to none!

One hand grip with either hand-not much movement at all.

So what am I doing with my support hand to cause the dot to shift or pop to the left? Ugh

TD

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    So I got curious and went to try it out.

Right hand strong two hand grip-dot pops a little to left on click

Left hand week two hand grip-dot moves very little to none!

One hand grip with either hand-not much movement at all.

So what am I doing with my support hand to cause the dot to shift or pop to the left? Ugh

TD
    Moves momentarily in your line of vision, or physically moves inside the sight to the point you have to dial it back over (from say the left side of the window back to the center of the glass)?

What do you mean by “it moves” ?

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Moves momentarily in your line of vision, or physically moves inside the sight to the point you have to dial it back over (from say the left side of the window back to the center of the glass)?

What do you mean by “it moves” ?
    When I dry fire and the trigger goes click, the red dot pops to the left inside the optic window. Almost like the slide shifts a bit. Guess it’s hard to describe.

Same thing seemed to happen with a friends Sig

TD

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    When I dry fire and the trigger goes click, the red dot pops to the left inside the optic window. Almost like the slide shifts a bit. Guess it’s hard to describe.

Same thing seemed to happen with a friends Sig

TD
    Does it stay there to the left, or it just “moves left” as you perceive it from the vibration of the trigger strike?

Like a loose marble rolling around inside the glass, or are you jerking the trigger and the weapon itself pops to one side or the other making the dot appear to “move” as you perceive it?

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Does it stay there to the left, or it just “moves left” as you perceive it from the vibration of the trigger strike?

Like a loose marble rolling around inside the glass, or are you jerking the trigger and the weapon itself pops to one side or the other making the dot appear to “move” as you perceive it?
    Stays to left. I have a 320 with a dot and do not have the same happen.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I’m loving the metals from m&p but the competitor was really screaming for a red dot. I’m not an optics guy but gave in and put a vortex venom on it. I have noticed when I dry fire the dot shifts to the left when the trigger goes click. Anyone else have this happen?

I zeroed today and noticed my groups to the left a little.

TD
    If the dot shifts to the left, then it should force your groups to the right. I think you are pressing inward with the thumb of your support hand which is twisting the gun and you just notice it more with the red dot. Try your standard 2 handed grip but keep your support thumb off the frame or sticking straight up.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Ditto. ^^^^. Could also be ‘milking’ the grip (tightening grip while pulling the trigger). It could be the trigger finger is biased on the right side of the trigger, too.

I played with the old style dot on an open pistol lots of years ago. Shot the class for about 6 months. I learned alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom