• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    I'm currently in GA, a free state where you can cash & carry anything. Will be back in MD in a month or so. Even here gun prices are still outrageous. I need an AK to complete my "banned list" collection, but they're going for what arsenals USED to go for. Should I a pull the trigger on a decent looking M+M ak which is really a $600 gun? Or wait a couple months and hope the situation gets a little better on the transfer side in MD. Keep in mind no waiting period here. What would ya'll do?

Jan 9, 2012
    Hoco
    sorry, didn't realize I was acting tough. answer remains the same... purchase it. just skip the transfer if you are legally able.

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    Is paying an extra couple hundred bucks worth not having to wait at least 2 months for the transfer thorugh a MD FFL? If you can legally cash and carry, it's worth the $200 fee. Remember, you're looking at a $60 fee from the MD FFL anyway in addition to the 2+ month waiting period.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It's hard to advocate paying $875 for an M10, and I love mine. They were more like $500 before the panic, albeit they were a spectacular value for the price. How much would a fixed stock stamped Arsenal be? Like a couple hundred more? Eh.

Feb 28, 2013
    Or you could just stay on topic as I am PCS'd down here and can purchase guns like any GA resident. Everyone's a smart tough guy on the internet these days.

I think maybe he was attempting to poke fun at our laws. You know, illustrating absurdity by being absurd?

If you're based elsewhere at the moment, like a state that doesn't suck, take advantage of it and cash-and-carry what you can.

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    Went with the M10 with aluminum handguards and kicklite stock. Looks good but it's gonna take a little work. Gotta file the safety detent and magazine release down a little for it to work smoothly. And the gas tube lever release as well. Supplied Tapco Mag will NOT fit into the receiver. Steel Bulgarian mag fit snug.

Attachments

• AK.jpg
      AK.jpg
      103.6 KB · Views: 195

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Or you could just stay on topic as I am PCS'd down here and can purchase guns like any GA resident. Everyone's a smart tough guy on the internet these days.

You gave him incomplete info and posted what looked to be an illegal act. Then you blame him for suggesting you don't break the law?

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    You gave him incomplete info and posted what looked to be an illegal act. Then you blame him for suggesting you don't break the law?

And what incomplete info did I give him about the question I wanted answered? Didn't know I was obliged to reveal anything to you guys. Answer the question or don't post at all. In your case. Don't post at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom