• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    How is lying Joe playing in WV? There were plenty of warning flags on Manchin caving to Comrade Chucky Schumer. I didn’t want to believe it, thought he was a Kennedy democrat, boy’o was I wrong.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    How is lying Joe playing in WV? There were plenty of warning flags on Manchin caving to Comrade Chucky Schumer. I didn’t want to believe it, thought he was a Kennedy democrat, boy’o was I wrong.

I don’t think he’a drunk enough to be considered Kennedy stature. Also, He didn’t cave, Schumer did. It was only a matter of time before the dems would have agreed to his (secret) terms. In heard he got some natural gas pipeline out of the deal.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Manchin does no more that play an election game. See which side he consistently falls on when Republicans are in power.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Manchin does no more that play an election game. See which side he consistently falls on when Republicans are in power.
    100% this.
    The people who keep him in his seat in the senate are old-school UMWA Democrats who hate modern liberals but are so indoctrinated by their time in the union that they won't ever vote for a Republican. His days are numbered and he will be out of the senate when the old timers die off.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    This popped up in my YT feed today. Makes you wonder who is in their pockets.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Manchin is singing the D party song about IRA reducing taxes. THAT is a heaping, smoking, steaming pile of bovine scat.

…imo, THE IRA will in fact not provide inflation reduction but tax expansion and reduced money in the hands of taxpayers thus increasing inflation not reducing it.

Manchin is smoking pole. In this case Chucky Schemer's pole AND Nancy Cirrhosis’ pole as well.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    They killed the Keystone pipeline to appease the greenies but approves the WV natural gas pipeline for Manchin's vote.
    Nuts!

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    From what I heard, this same bill kills coal-fired electric plants so how does that sit with his constituency?

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    From what I heard, this same bill kills coal-fired electric plants so how does that sit with his constituency?
    The plan is to probably export all the coal to Chyna/India.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Lets not forget of the return of the superfund tax on every barrel of oil imported. $0.169 per barrel to a whopping expected $350 BILLION in revenue.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    My impression is that China has been buying our coal for awhile. Their appetite for fossil fuels is immense.

*****Yea it is. Especially outside of the big cities. It's almost unimaginable how many people live in China and India. Outside of the main metro areas, it is all very third world and folks use a LOT of coal. They are still building coal fired power plants by the dozens in China as it is a reliable means of providing power to large numbers of towns/people, and for the immense power needs for manufacturing steel, and other building and industrial supplies.

No way solar or wind turbines provide the base load power needed to reliably power some of the *huge* factories just outside of Beijing, or Guangzhou, or Chengdu, Shenzen, etc..

Nuclear could do it. However, there is a huge market for coal in that part of the world and they generally don't give a care to pollution, or dirt, or respiratory diseases (shit, they export those!).

Coal may be somewhat reduced here for a variety of reasons, but it is huge business in other parts of the world still. China has a *bunch* of steel factories and they run on coal.

coal3.jpg
    coal2.jpg
    coal1.jpg

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    This guy does just enough to keep getting elected. I just can't believe we keep electing Ds and Rhinos to the Senate considering this is a Trump +40 state. I guess they learned from Robert Byrd who was the king of pork back in the day and managed to get a ton of roads and bridges built with his name on it.
    We should have 2 staunch conservatives who win in blowouts every 6 years.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Some R on Fox this morning said there are enough sweeteners in the bill to satisfy everyone. Yippee.
    And now I see how he keeps getting elected. Every time I watch Youtube I'm getting a Joe Manchin ad about bringing jobs to WV. He certainly does his "maintenance" as opposed to politicians who only show up during election season then disappear.
    He also puts out the ad (usually through another outside group) where he gets patted on the back for coming in and saving everyone from a bad Senate bill. I guess there's enough people in the state who don't realize with a staunch conservative in place we wouldn't need Joe Manchin to swoop in last minute to save the day and those trash bills would be DOA.

He is getting backlash over his sudden support for the tax and spend bill just passed through reconciliation on strictly party lines with Kamala breaking the tie

twybyll

Jan 20, 2021
    MD
    And now I see how he keeps getting elected. Every time I watch Youtube I'm getting a Joe Manchin ad about bringing jobs to WV. He certainly does his "maintenance" as opposed to politicians who only show up during election season then disappear.
    He also puts out the ad (usually through another outside group) where he gets patted on the back for coming in and saving everyone from a bad Senate bill. I guess there's enough people in the state who don't realize with a staunch conservative in place we wouldn't need Joe Manchin to swoop in last minute to save the day and those trash bills would be DOA.

He is getting backlash over his sudden support for the tax and spend bill just passed through reconciliation on strictly party lines with Kamala breaking the tie
    What a weasel worded article. Saying it's taxing "Americans" without explaining what the taxes are. It doesn't tax individuals. The taxes apply to around 150 $1-billion+ companies, and against stock buybacks. They've made record profits this year gouging us, they can afford more taxes. If they raise their prices, then maybe smaller businesses will get the sale instead.

GiveMeABreak

Aug 14, 2020
    What a weasel worded article. Saying it's taxing "Americans" without explaining what the taxes are. It doesn't tax individuals. The taxes apply to around 150 $1-billion+ companies, and against stock buybacks. They've made record profits this year gouging us, they can afford more taxes. If they raise their prices, then maybe smaller businesses will get the sale instead.

Nicely worded….now let’s sit back and watch the attacks against your post begin

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom