• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Welcome to MDS. I was the polar opposite of you when I joined MDS about 10 years ago. A total newbie who had just been gifted his first handgun (a Sig Sauer P226 in 9mm which I still enjoy shooting). I joined MDS to learn more about the safe use of firearms and this Forum has been a blessing for me. I know you will enjoy it just as much since you have been lurking for as long as I have been a full member!

Cal68

Fettlord19

MDS Supporter
    Aug 5, 2023
    Shrewsbury PA
    Welcome to MDS. I was the polar opposite of you when I joined MDS about 10 years ago. A total newbie who had just been gifted his first handgun (a Sig Sauer P226 in 9mm which I still enjoy shooting). I joined MDS to learn more about the safe use of firearms and this Forum has been a blessing for me. I know you will enjoy it just as much since you have been lurking for as long as I have been a full member!

Cal68
    That's awesome! My experiences were similar in the sense that I had no traditional family guidance or trusted shepherd to teach me safe gun culture. My learning was self taught from popular firearms magazines of the 90s. American Handgunner, Shotgun News and Guns&Ammo were staple publications as an enthusiastic 9 year old. I started to pass up comic books to buy gun mags with my allowance money lol! I picked up a P226 in 9mm when I was only 22, way back in '03 from Bel Air Gun and Pawn. Sold it in '09 during the recession in order to fund car repairs. It was a really sweet shooter. Made me look twice as good as my other pistols did in those days ;)

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I picked up a P226 in 9mm when I was only 22, way back in '03 from Bel Air Gun and Pawn. Sold it in '09 during the recession in order to fund car repairs. It was a really sweet shooter. Made me look twice as good as my other pistols did in those days ;)
    Yes, the P226 is a great handgun and it works very well for me. I am a big fan of Sig Sauer firearms in general and have acquired several over the past 9 years. Funnily enough, the only Sig that did not work for me was the Sig P365 which most people seem to like very much. LOL! I love my P320, so maybe micro-compacts are not my thing.

Cal68

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Cal68
    This forum has been a curse to me. I joined owning 4-5 guns and hoping to shoot trap more. Now I never shoot trap and I don’t know how many guns I have…..

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    This forum has been a curse to me. I joined owning 4-5 guns and hoping to shoot trap more. Now I never shoot trap and I don’t know how many guns I have…..
    LOL! :)I'm in the same boat as you in that I joined this Forum with one handgun and now I do not really know how many firearms I have!

Cal68

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Hello,

My name is Justin and I've been aware of MD shooters for at least 11-12 years. Up until very recently, I've been a lurker, choosing to keep to myself and declining to join as a member. Well, lately I've been considering selling a few unused items and figured this place would be a good place to try and find interested buyers. Big tech is generally unkind when it comes to our 2A rights.

A little personal info, I've been around firearms and the "community" for over 20 years. I grew up in MD and moved over the PA line 3 years ago. Almost 20 years ago I worked for my local MD FFL selling guns. Unfortunately, in those days I was the stereotypical gun salesman. Lots of repeated isms without any evidence. Since then I've fallen pretty deeply into the firearms training scene and have amassed a reasonably deep experience pool as a student, which has lead me to begin exploring things from the perspective of a firearms instructor/educator. There is still a bit of imposter syndrome going on when I think of myself as an "instructor" but little by little it's feeling a bit more natural. I'll keep those details to myself for now unless someone expresses further interest on the subject.

Like many of us, I've had years to collect guns that I'm either no longer using, or have used, learned from, and have decided to move on from. So, one of my first activities will be to try and find the next home for some of my idle items.

Thank you for the opportunity to get more actively involved, and I look forward to continuing to learn and grow with all of you!
    Anyone have any examples of isms?

Welcome to the board. Good luck with PA, I suspect there is a bit of a political power struggle up there.

Fettlord19

MDS Supporter
    Aug 5, 2023
    Shrewsbury PA
    Anyone have any examples of isms?

Welcome to the board. Good luck with PA, I suspect there is a bit of a political power struggle up there.
    Let's see.

"Just rack the slide on your shotgun and scare them off."

"You don't even need to aim this shotgun."

Those are 2 that I absolutely despise today, but have admit I was guilty of repeating ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom