• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Happened to be over in St. Mary's today. Stopped by Dick's, ammo shelves still empty. So I drive down to The Tackle Box. Not my favorite store, but decided to stop in. Walked up to the ammo counter and there on the floor before my eyes... Boxes and boxes of 5.56. And for $9.00 a box, not $20.00+++ like the other stores. No limit on purchases. So I loaded up, funny what a relief that was walking out of the store with my arms loaded down. They had plenty of .40, .45, 357 but no 9mm on the shelves. The 5.56 was Israeli made sold by Federal, looks to be brass cased.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I did not look for .22LR, luckily scored couple of 500rd boxes at Dicks not long ago. There were about two dozen 5.56 boxes left in the far left wood box on the floor, the person behind the counter said that they were going to open another case because it was going fast. Did not see any .223 on the shelves. Lucky for me my Ranch Rifle shoots either.

wade234

Feb 12, 2011
    Mechanicsville, MD
    Picking up my Mini-14 on Sunday. Coming with enough .223 ammo for awhile but will be looking soon enough. Do you notice a big difference in the ammo in your Ranch riffle?

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Luckily the Mini-14 consumes the .223 and 5.56 with ease. I cannot tell the difference between rounds, both are loaded with 55 grain FMJ bullets. One of the best items I purchased for my Mini was a Hogue stock from Amazon. I have Rugers with their black synthetic stocks but for me the grippy texture of the Hogue stocks feels much better, much grippier. Also try and get your hands on the real Ruger magazines, the ones they stamp their name on and sell. I have much better feeding reliability with them over any other brand.

squirrelly1

Sep 10, 2012
    Got a bunch of brass, just got my dies in yesterday. Gonna load 2,000 rounds this weekend, nap all next week. But sounds like you scored!

murph919

Feb 5, 2013
    PF MD
    .223 W-Mart

I just got 9 50rd boxes of tull .223 brass max 55g from walmart in P.F. $16... The limit is 3 per person but I had 2 ppl with me. There was about 8 boxes left but that was a few hours ago. Im sure its gone but always check when you go in. Sometimes you get lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom