Low cost FFL Transfers in or around Harford Co?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    Ok.. I'm just trying to get my ducks lined up in case I end up purchasing a handgun online. My understanding is that I have to have the out of state dealer ship it to an FFL here in MD. I'm in Cecil, but I'm in Hazard county most days, and being I grew up in Baltimore Co, I'm there a lot too.

Is the process as simple as it is in my head? Contact a local FFL of my choice, have the out of state dealer ship to my FFL of choice. Once the FFL gets the gun, they will call me to fill out a 4473 and want my 77r pin? Once that goes through, I just pay whatever the FFL charges for transfer and $10 for the State? Is that right?

Anyone have a recommendation on a low cost FFL in or around Hazard County?

Thanks!

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    You pretty much have it. Assuming this is a handgun. Some clarification.

Contact your preferred FFL to determine if they will accept the transfer and what their process is.

Fill out your 77r online. I usually have a couple ready to go.

You will likely pay the transfer fee and certainly the MSP fee at the time of showing up in person to give them your 77R info/pin, etc. You will also need to complete the federal form 4473.

Having said all of that, IMO, unless what you are transferring is the deal of the century, is hard to find, used or no longer made, you may find your FFL pricing is about as good taking into account any shipping and transfer fees.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I deal with John at Clark Gun Locker in Aberdeen Md pretty much exclusively. Great guy and transfer is 40.00 plus MSP fee I believe. Great little shop too.

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    I deal with John at Clark Gun Locker in Aberdeen Md pretty much exclusively. Great guy and transfer is 40.00 plus MSP fee I believe. Great little shop too.
    Gotta check him out, Belair gun range charged me $50 and acted like they didn't want to do the paper work for my AR lower.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Cooter's in the Forest Hill Airpark charges $45 cash for a pistol (or lower).

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Why not ask the local dealer if they can acquire the gun your looking for and price match?

OP might not be looking for a current model. Most of my transfers are used stuff my dealer wouldn't ordinarily have.

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    Ive never done a transfer there but I've done a lot of business with them. Definitely good guys.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    Sorry I hadn't responded earlier but I never got a notification that anyone responded to this post.

I ended up going with an FFL I found on gunbroker. I went with him for 2 reasons, #1, it's my friend's neighbor (This I noticed based on the address) and #2, charge was $25+ MDSP $10 fee. Plus I called my buddy and he said the guy was a good guy in general and had known him for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom