• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    Or whatever you correctly call them. I've noticed a surge of both frogs and those blue salamander things this year. Frogs all over the place, plus a lot of some little green frog that 'barks'.

Anyone else?

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I always have leopard frogs and toads and in the spring and fall when its cooler I get a lot of the green and grey tree frogs crawling around on the siding of my house

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Frogs have had a hard time over the last decade and a half. I've kept fish out of my ornamental pond for the last two years and it has been a breeding haven for grey tree frogs.... like free entertainment for me. I go out every morning and check on my babies. Have gone through at least three (maybe four) overlapping cycles of tadpoles each year. Plus they keep the mosquitoes down, so that's OK in my book.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That’s a great sign! Frogs are very sensitive to pollution. It means your local ecosystem is healthy!

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Seems about normal to me.

May be seeing more Blue-Tail Skinks, but then we look out for them since they're so cool.
    I have thme and the ones without blue tails every where little ones big ones.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Our lizard population is exploding. Makes me wonder what they're eating. They shit all over the garage.

The snakes seem to be around more too.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I left my wheel barrow out in the rains last week and now it is full of tadpoles. Unfortunately also skeeter larvae but I want to see the little sperms through so I'm leaving it be unless someone has an idea.

Sampson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 24, 2013
    White Marsh
    I left my wheel barrow out in the rains last week and now it is full of tadpoles. Unfortunately also skeeter larvae but I want to see the little sperms through so I'm leaving it be unless someone has an idea.
    Put some screening over it, so the mosquitos can't escape. This way the tadpoles will have have a food source.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Found this little guy on the job site this morning. I put him over in the tall grass, where he’d be safe.

Attachments

• A9D2CF72-B214-466B-BC11-AEAEEECF3010.jpeg
      A9D2CF72-B214-466B-BC11-AEAEEECF3010.jpeg
      309.3 KB · Views: 61

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Between 2016-2020, the Great Swamp was stirred up by an outside force and some of its creatures migrated to outlying regions.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    I've noticed an uptick in blue tailed skinks around the house this year -- to the point that I finally looked them up so I know what to call them.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Found a tiny frog in the bathroom.

There I was stepping out of the shower buck nekkid. Can't see worth a damn and now there's a leaf on the floor. Bent down to pick it up. And the leaf jumped away while I jumped in the opposite direction. Think I would have jumped farther if I didn't trip over the edge of the tub.

Now all I'm thinking is:. Where there's frogs, there's snakes

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Found a tiny frog in the bathroom.

There I was stepping out of the shower buck nekkid. Can't see worth a damn and now there's a leaf on the floor. Bent down to pick it up. And the leaf jumped away while I jumped in the opposite direction. Think I would have jumped farther if I didn't trip over the edge of the tub.

Now all I'm thinking is:. Where there's frogs, there's snakes
    :eek: Been there, done that. Got the glue trap. Wasn't fun.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I haven't noticed any more, in fact, I haven't seen one tree frog yet this year, and I usually see a dozen or more.

I have seen a lot of butterflies this year though. Way more than in the past.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд

A barrow full of tadpoles. I need my wheel barrow but don't want to be a mass murderer lest I come back as a frog in my next life. What to do? Scoop 'em and take 'em to a puddle/pond/stream?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom