• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    In six months people will be complaining about how MD DNR doesn't schedule enough Hunter Education courses.

But there are lots & lots of classes available right now, with open seats, & if you're in the Frederick area, there are classes just about every weekend for the next few months.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/nrp_classes.asp

First class at Frederick IWLA is March 20, 21, & 22. Currently have 28 signed up out of a desired max of about 40.

If you need it, or know someone who does, now is the time - Please pass this along!

Last edited:

BDWMS

Feb 21, 2013
    Howard County
    Thanks. I have a girl that's a close family friend that just showed interest in hunting. I'd really like to get her out for youth day turkey if I can. Hopefully I can make it work. I was planning on the TX course but a field day is required for youngsters, not just online certification as for adults.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Thanks. I have a girl that's a close family friend that just showed interest in hunting. I'd really like to get her out for youth day turkey if I can. Hopefully I can make it work. I was planning on the TX course but a field day is required for youngsters, not just online certification as for adults.

The TX online course w/ no field day is for 17 & above and the MD online course is 16 & above. The MD course of course requires the field day. I believe that startig this sumer the MD DNR is dropping the online course age requirement from 16 to 13. It'll still include a field day however. Also, the MD in-person course is $10, but this summer they are dropping that altogether.

missing_the_cheese

Dec 29, 2012
    Perry Hall
    Not to revive an old thread and sound like a complete noob but if I complete the Texas online course that will satisfy the MD requirement for the Certificate of Competency correct?

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    The TX online course w/ no field day is for 17 & above and the MD online course is 16 & above. The MD course of course requires the field day. I believe that startig this sumer the MD DNR is dropping the online course age requirement from 16 to 13. It'll still include a field day however. Also, the MD in-person course is $10, but this summer they are dropping that altogether.

Regarding age for online course: Verified! Ther age is now 13 for the MD online Hunter's Ed.

duckslayer56

Mar 8, 2014
    Odenton
    I have a buddy from Hawaii that is really interested in bow hunting. Does he have to take the IBEP cert to legally bow hunt, or is that not a requirement here?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I have a buddy from Hawaii that is really interested in bow hunting. Does he have to take the IBEP cert to legally bow hunt, or is that not a requirement here?

just a hunting license and a bow stamp is all he needs.
    that is if he have hunter safety class already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom