Looking to get a suppressor, which one and what to do with trust?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    I have a trust and I wanted to get a suppressor to shoot on my property. Obviously I want to get one before 10/1... Being its about a 6mth wait on trust/NFA items, I would still be able to take possession after 10/1 correct? No issues? I would give an FFL the heads up then order it, ship it to him, then he will submit ATF paperwork with my trust? Just add the suppressor to my sch.A?

Also I want to use it on my 308 bolt gun mainly. Plus on my ar15 would be nice as well.. Any recommendations on which brands to go with? I don't wanna spend an arm and a leg.

This is going to be on a precision bolt gun so the POI is a big deal... So far I found the TBAC 30ba seems nice.

Edited: just read NFA stuff isnt effected by SB281. Well I think SBRs are though.. But anyway, I wanted to leave the original post up incase someone asks.

Last edited:

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    I would recommend a titanium can, but they truly are expensive ($1100+). Having a heavy chunk of metal (stainless steel) at the end of the muzzle gets annoying after a while. That being said, if you don't want to spend the money on a titanium can, then get the AAC Cyclone, which is the best bang for the buck. It's a threaded design, so if you want the quick detach version, which I also recommend, then get the AAC 762-SDN-6. I know these .30 cal suppressors can get expensive, but after going through a few, I know I should have listened to others that stated, spend the money and get something really nice. A titanium .30 cal suppressor with quick detach from AAC or Gemtech are both great! Silencershop.com definitely has some of the best deals, that's if/when they have stuff in stock.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    AAC 762 SDN6 is not all that much heavier than a YHM titanium. The different mounts are expensive though and have been hard to find. But you'll have plenty of time to look and hopefully things will get better. I have mine to use on 30 and 5.56 cals. And any others less than 30 cal will be OK. Got my best price at Engage.

Rumnhammer

Mar 2, 2013
    YHM

You sound like you are looking for a YHM phantom 7.62 QD a SS one runs around $600+or- plus the $200 for the tax stamp and you are out the door for under a $1k They are built like tanks, and with the QD flash hiders are reasonably priced around $70. Mine can be put on 6 different rifles.

It's nice and quiet too, quite frankly, put side by side with an AAC or anything else you really won't notice the 5 decibel differnce. Nor will you notice much difference between the 7.62 and one made for 5.56 on an AR 15 either.

All that said it IS heavy!, and if you can swing it the YHM ti 7.62 is only about 14oz and in 7.62 is just as versitile as the SS version for only about $300 more it is still a bargain for a Ti can.

After much shopping around, the YHM SS QD phantom in 7.62 is the suppressor I bought. I'm very happy with it.

Chris Rummel

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom