Looking for somewhere to shoot Ground hogs/Pigeons/Starlings with a airgun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vrablic

Mar 27, 2014
    My name is Raymond I have multiple kids in my family that I take hunting. I also have a fully custom airgun that I had built for them to shoot. I would really appreciate somewhere to shoot some ground hogs/pigeons/starlings! Feel free to contact me 443-467-0075

Last edited:

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I was in a group that leased a farm on Kent Is to hunt geese. I shot a few pigeons over there and they are the best eating bird ever. No guarantee that city pigeons taste like country pigeons.
    Somehow we lost the lease. Shot my first deer there too.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    When I was a kid growing up in rural Nebraska, we used to go to the grain elevators (huge, white concrete grain storage silos by the railroad tracks) to shoot birds - the amount of spilled grain everywhere meant that we always had plentiful targets by way of pigeons, sparrows, blackbirds, starlings, etc. This was an almost daily thing for us when the weather was decent enough.

Yellowhand

Jan 19, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    Why not shoot groundhogs with an airgun? Head shots will do the job very well in .22 and .25 caliber using a heavy grained pellet. If your airgun is pushing 45+fpe you can go for heart/lung with good results. I don't mean to create an argumentative response just pointing out that many air guns today are pushing 100+fpe...they're not the toys they once were.

Vrablic

Mar 27, 2014
    Ground Hogs actually die fast if their right.

Ground Hogs actually die fast if their hit right. I was just removing some right outside of emittsburg md and at a 140-149 yards I was having full pass through anywhere I was hitting them. I was shooting 62 grain .251 cal cast bullets between 920-960 fps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom