• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    This site needs an upvote feature.

I won't hassle you on asking your question.

I will simply post a way I landed places to shoot that were not a paid range so to speak.
    In my circle of friends, I know farmers, Fireman, business people, crane operators etc, with acreage and also widows with 10+ acre places.

I mention them, because when I began looking for places to hunt, I had to be patient and accept my one spot I was able to secure permission to go on, and then work my way up to adding others.

Maybe this is what you need to do, befriend folks, and possibly mutual shooters and be invited to join them on their land.

mal316

MDS Supporter
    Jun 3, 2023
    Frederick, MD
    I won't hassle you on asking your question.

I will simply post a way I landed places to shoot that were not a paid range so to speak.
    In my circle of friends, I know farmers, Fireman, business people, crane operators etc, with acreage and also widows with 10+ acre places.

I mention them, because when I began looking for places to hunt, I had to be patient and accept my one spot I was able to secure permission to go on, and then work my way up to adding others.

Maybe this is what you need to do, befriend folks, and possibly mutual shooters and be invited to join them on their land.
    Thank you! Appreciate the thoughtful reply.

For the record, I didn't view the other folks as hassling me. :) Thought they were just answering honestly.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    Ok, thanks for the advice. As far as posting here - seemed appropriate since this is the regional forum closest to me.

Intros - didn't think that was important. I mean, anyone could post anything, right? It's the continuity of messages where you get a feel for the person. But I'll take your advice and introduce myself and my situation. I do have other questions to ask you good people.

In a way, the various responses I've gotten to my apparently eye-rolling post was a great introduction of you folks to me. :)
    JeffG is that you?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Thanks. A fuller explanation as to why my question seemed silly. I did look around this website and didn't see anything that addressed...
    How many strangers would you let shoot on your property? Quite ignorant to think anyone would allow that to happen.

BUffaloSocks

Dec 2, 2021
    Frederick Co
    Thurmont (TCSC) is your best bet near Frederick. After the initiation fee and first years dues (They would be pro-rated for this year), if you get work hours in you can get a very fair discount on next years dues. Define not crowded? Outside of match days, I have never had an issue where I could not shoot or felt crammed in with people. Even with match days the improvements made to the range have allowed a handful of pistol bays open for members.

mal316

MDS Supporter
    Jun 3, 2023
    Frederick, MD
    Thurmont (TCSC) is your best bet near Frederick. After the initiation fee and first years dues (They would be pro-rated for this year), if you get work hours in you can get a very fair discount on next years dues. Define not crowded? Outside of match days, I have never had an issue where I could not shoot or felt crammed in with people. Even with match days the improvements made to the range have allowed a handful of pistol bays open for members.
    Hey BuffaloSocks (sure there's a story there), Thank you! I will check it out.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    1686104476588.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis