Looking for CFE223 powder and SMK 77 grain bullets, HOCO or York show?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justeric

Apr 6, 2010
    Anyone know if I can get powder and or bullets at the HOCO show? HOCO is only about 10 minutes away but I hate to spend the money to get in to find out powder and or bullets are not available. I think the York show is bigger and might have a better chance of scoring reloading supplies? Suggestions?

Thanks,
    Eric

justeric

Apr 6, 2010
    Just a little feedback; A tale of two shows.

The HOCO show didn't have much powder. One merchant told me that its tougher to sell powder in Maryland. Something about needing extra permits or something. He says that he stopped bringing Powder to Maryland Shows. I could not find any SMK 223 bullets. Frankly, there was not much reloading stuff at the show. I ended up buying two, 223 tupperware cartridge holders.

The York show was $2 cheaper and took 1 hour and 15 minutes longer to get to. The show was at least 2 (maybe 3) times as big. They had a bunch of people selling powder. I ended up buying powder, .223 77 grain smk bullets, large riffle primers, shotgun dummy rounds for practicing 3-gun reloading and some cleaning products. They even had 8 pound containers of CFE223. Not that I would bring that much powder into Maryland.

I'd say if your looking for reloading stuff, go to York. The best table at the HOCO show was Shooters Discounters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom