• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • my3kids

Dec 11, 2012
    Can anyone in SO MD - prefer CC help me locate a program to learn to shoot for myself and my kids?

Thanks!

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    there are various options, you could go with some personal instruction, or go to programs like appleseed.

if you're looking for instruction give genesis firearms a call he should be able to help you out, their info is here:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=37419

they're a an industry partner on this forum the owner is active here and tons of people have taken his concealed carry classes.

another good option, though probably wont be local, is to go to one of the nearest appleseed project events, they offer an excellent marksmanship program and the strongly encourage youth participation.

http://appleseedinfo.org/

good luck, have fun and welcome to the forum.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    +1 for Genesis. Perrin also runs the youth program at St Charles sportsman's club on the 1'st Sunday every month at 1 pm I believe at Middleton Hall and it's free I believe. The Appleseed is an event filled with safety and history designed to create the next generation of American riflemen(and women)

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    +1 for Genesis. Perrin also runs the youth program at St Charles sportsman's club on the 1'st Sunday every month at 1 pm I believe at Middleton Hall and it's free I believe. The Appleseed is an event filled with safety and history designed to create the next generation of American riflemen(and women)

:thumbsup:

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Also the hunter safety course is a tremendous value. They cover all of the safety issues as well as the responsability that comes with every fired round as well as the ethics of harvesting God's creatures. Upon sucessfull completion all are given a state issued credential authorizing them acess to loaded firearms. My kids did this at 8yrs old so I cannot be considered negligent when leaving my shotgun or muzzle loaders ready for use during deer season.( decapped muzzloaders and empty chamber/loaded mags) Also I can legally allow my older kids acess to the HD collection for when we are not home.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I'll also cast my vote for Genesis. He's a top notch guy and I'm confident that he can help you get the kids up to speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom