• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    I am looking for a place or club to hunt deer in Maryland. Looking for a place specifically where I can use a rifle? If anyone knows of a place I would appreciate the information.

Thanks

Jerry

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Save your money, most of those "hunting clubs" are a complete ripoff. There is lots of public land down on the lower shore as BlackBart mentioned that you can shoot rifle on and are not crowded at all.

I disagree, the one I just got into is well worth the $600 for the first year and $400 a year after that. We have our own house that can sleep upwards of 30-40 people plus multiple trailer sites and around 3,000 acres of huntable land. We have properties in both Dorchester and Wicomico counties so you can use a rifle for deer. Not to mention the ability to turkey hunt and duck hunt too.

Funbrit

May 28, 2008
    Rockville
    400 is very good especially for 3k of acreage, I would of jumped on that deal also if the membership count was reasonable compared to the acreage available.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    400 is very good especially for 3k of acreage, I would of jumped on that deal also if the membership count was reasonable compared to the acreage available.

Less than 100 members, over half of which you never see. We have guys who show up for the first day of mini muzzle loader and the first day of rifle. By weds during rifle season there maybe at the most 15-20 people down there still hunting. I think there are a few spots still open.

joe3165

Escaped to SC
    Feb 23, 2008
    Charleston, SC
    It's kind of a hike for you, but there's Green Ridge State Forest out in Western MD...lots of other places out that way as well...

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    I disagree, the one I just got into is well worth the $600 for the first year and $400 a year after that. We have our own house that can sleep upwards of 30-40 people plus multiple trailer sites and around 3,000 acres of huntable land. We have properties in both Dorchester and Wicomico counties so you can use a rifle for deer. Not to mention the ability to turkey hunt and duck hunt too.

That is the kind of place I am looking for.

Bart,

I know there is plenty of land on the lower shore, but without a local contact I am out of luck. I was hoping the someone on the forum could give me some information on how to contact.

Thanks
    Jerry

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    That is the kind of place I am looking for.

Bart,

I know there is plenty of land on the lower shore, but without a local contact I am out of luck. I was hoping the someone on the forum could give me some information on how to contact.

Thanks
    Jerry

Contact what? Much of the land is/was http://www.dnr.state.md.us/forests/chesapeakeforests/project.html http://www.dnr.state.md.us/forests/chesapeakeforestlands.asp open to the public. If I'm not behind my house I'm usually somewhere on 60 foot road, 60,000 acres ought to be enough for just about anybody. :) Dig a bit further and there are maps of each plot of land and directions. Maybe the DNR can help, remember, most of the lower shore is RIFLE! :party29:

Jul 22, 2008
    If you are looking for a great club, check out the Delmar Club. We really like it. The cost is a high ($1,200 deer hunting or $1,900 waterfowl or $2,100 combined), but well worth it. There is 16,000 acres spread out in both Maryland and Delaware of some of the very best properties in Maryland: Cecilton, Warwick, Worton, Chestertown, Langford, Centreville, Cambridge, Madison, Taylors Island, Hoopers Island, Fairmount. Nice Sika Spot on the Blackwater River. Two very nice lodges in Dover DE and Dorchester County MD, decoys and stands/feeders are all part of the club. The other half of the club is in Delaware which has different season dates that really expand our days hunting. Most of us have been in for several years and there is virtually no turnover. Usually, they are taking new guys as the club expands each year and the properties are not crowded AT ALL. Dove Hunting is fantastic and goes with waterfowl members and turkey hunting goes with the deer side. You can call Drew Smith 302-528-1203 for more information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom