• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootnfishndorf

Mar 17, 2016
    Waldorf
    Morning All,

I am looking for a 4x32 Rimfire scope for my Dad. It is for his lever action .22. Nothing expensive, even used. I've been trying to find one that has the illumination, but with just the center dot, not necessarily the whole reticle. I've been googling/duckduckgo for a while. I can find images of what Im looking for, but they don't say what the scope is. A circle dot reticle. I've been finding tons of "unavailable" and "discontinued". Any links or someone has a spare in a drawer they would part with. I'm eyeballing a Simmons Rimfire, 4x32. But I'm still shopping for the illuminated Dot, if I can find it. 50$ or so is the range, but trying to avoid the AIM, Sniper, realm. I've tried those on my own rifles to much dissatisfaction. Last time I was home, his shed had more caulked over holes than metal it seemed....quite humorous looking. Glad his property backs up to acres of uninhabited forest.

Sent from my Armor 8 using Tapatalk

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I have a crossbow scope, 4x with illuminated crosshairs that I've been saving for a 22. The reticle has four little lines for elevation very similar to the Leupold Boone & Crocket reticle. It lights up either red or blue and has different intensities. Like new, I tried it on the bow then switched it to a Leupold. The optics are pretty good, I can see the wire in a chain link fence at 80 yards and clear to the edges. Parallax should be ideal for a 22.
    I never tried the lighted reticle in the dark so I can't say how functional it would be.
    I'm skeptical as whether you'll find a scope with illuminated dot having any useable optics.
    PM me if you're interested. I'm in Harford County but I could mail it, $50 + $5 shipping.

shootnfishndorf

Mar 17, 2016
    Waldorf
    Much appreciated advice guys. Pre64hunter, thank you. I will keep that in mind. I'm also waiting to see what pops in my inbox for the sales tomorrow. I agree, for the price point, finding something that fits the bill will be tough, but in reality, he doesn't need an expensive scope to continue perforating his shed. LOL.

Sent from my Armor 8 using Tapatalk

I have a crossbow scope, 4x with illuminated crosshairs that I've been saving for a 22. The reticle has four little lines for elevation very similar to the Leupold Boone & Crocket reticle. It lights up either red or blue and has different intensities. Like new, I tried it on the bow then switched it to a Leupold. The optics are pretty good, I can see the wire in a chain link fence at 80 yards and clear to the edges. Parallax should be ideal for a 22.
    I never tried the lighted reticle in the dark so I can't say how functional it would be.
    I'm skeptical as whether you'll find a scope with illuminated dot having any useable optics.
    PM me if you're interested. I'm in Harford County but I could mail it, $50 + $5 shipping.

I used one of those on one of my air rifles with great success. Should work well on a rimfire..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom