• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Any leads? I see some but they are all on suspected scam sites.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Saw #11's at the Nation's gun show in Chantilly earlier today/Saturday. A CCI can was $11.99. If you enter via tha large hall, the vendor selling powder in one of the rows far to the right, you'll find them. #10 caps were $15.99 per hundred. I was no black powder at the show today.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Given your location, call Atlantic Guns. They usually have some manner of blackpowder guns and supplies. Or Gun Shack in Mt Airy.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    So, WHY is there such a shortage of caps? Are people hoarding? Production down? I don't see any anti gun legislation aimed at them.

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    So, WHY is there such a shortage of caps? Are people hoarding? Production down? I don't see any anti gun legislation aimed at them.
    Seems like its been a production issue. Availability, while spotty, has definitely improved from a year ago when you couldn't find them anywhere. But, it's still spotty as you see from this thread. I bought a couple of the RWS tins of 250 at Fort Chambers last year, and their were several tins of CCi and Remington at Saint Firearms when I was there last week.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I think it's a little bit of both.

Once prices on caps went up dramatically, availability seemed to increase. I bought a ROA (my first BP gun) in 2021 and didn't get to actually shoot it for 8 months because I couldn't find caps. Even then, I had to resort to gunbroker scalpers.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    War. The firms that make caps are also making ammunition...and demand is very, very high. Something about Ukraine...

magnumpi

Jan 16, 2013
    Westminster MD
    I have a few of these. If you can't find anything, I could probably spare a tin or two. I'm in Westminster

20230206_185925.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom