• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I wonder if the guy out in Winchester VA has any?

He has them listed at $175 for 2500.
    He's getting old, I hear. He may only be open during the skirmish season, though I'm only speculating. His shop is on the exit road from Fort Shenandoah, and skirmishers stop and buy powder and caps after a skirmish.

If someone really wants caps, I suggest they try to get him on the phone. Winchester really isn't a bad drive from central Maryland, and if you really want caps and powder...

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Jackie is normally open Skirmish weekends…typically Sunday 1100-1500. But you can probably call.

Back to the OP…how much powder/caps do you need?

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Thanks for all the leads. I got a "Traditions" .50 cal percussion revolver kit that I built a couple years ago that I am finally wanting to shoot. My BIL is just getting into flintlock and percussion rifles (for hunting) and next time I go see him I was going to take it for a first firing. That won't be for a few months so I am not pressed for time. Too bad I did not get everything I need to shoot this when I actually built it.

100 caps will probably last me for a couple years I cannot imagine shooting this much.

1675793748227.png

1675793811476.png

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Gun Shack says they have not had them in over 2 years. I'll try Atlantic.

Oh wow OK. I go there from time to time and just remember them having a BP section. I’ve bought caps from Atlantic before but it’s been awhile.

Maybe a bit of a a hike but Clyde’s in Halethorp might be another place to try. Again, it’s been awhile but I’ve bought caps and Goex from him over the years.

Maybe Haffers? They seem to have just about everything. It’s a hike for me but I like going just to browse. I bought a Savage 99 there and consigned a few sporting shotguns. Good folks.

wpage

Ultimate Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    Southern Delaware
    Thanks for all the leads. I got a "Traditions" .50 cal percussion revolver kit that I built a couple years ago that I am finally wanting to shoot. My BIL is just getting into flintlock and percussion rifles (for hunting) and next time I go see him I was going to take it for a first firing. That won't be for a few months so I am not pressed for time. Too bad I did not get everything I need to shoot this when I actually built it.

100 caps will probably last me for a couple years I cannot imagine shooting this much.

View attachment 400477

View attachment 400478

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Oh wow OK. I go there from time to time and just remember them having a BP section. I’ve bought caps from Atlantic before but it’s been awhile.

Maybe a bit of a a hike but Clyde’s in Halethorp might be another place to try. Again, it’s been awhile but I’ve bought caps and Goex from him over the years.

Maybe Haffers? They seem to have just about everything. It’s a hike for me but I like going just to browse. I bought a Savage 99 there and consigned a few sporting shotguns. Good folks.
    No caps, no powder at Clyde's. Was there last week. Gunshack doesn't have caps, but does have 3F and 1F BP in stock. Was there today on way home from Frederick.

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Fort Chambers will have caps. And they will be open multiple days with regular hours unlike Back Creek.

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    I told the OP I have them and event sent PM, he doesn't seem to want to follow up on it. There's nothing more than I can do than that. Would love to help feed a BP addiction but can't if one doesn't want it.

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Are they selling to anyone now? The last time I was there, a year ago, they would only sell if they knew you. (meaning you were a good customer)

I went home with powder and caps. ;)
    Don't know. I went in their last fall and bought powder and a tin of 250 RWS #11 caps.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I told the OP I have them and event sent PM, he doesn't seem to want to follow up on it. There's nothing more than I can do than that. Would love to help feed a BP addiction but can't if one doesn't want it.

Sorry - I did get your PM but a bit too far for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom