• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EHS1976

Mar 28, 2013
    USA
    Can anyone locate the Maryland Register notice proposing and promulgating these new regulations (requiring a NICS number and the new cover sheet before releasing a firearm) that is required by the Maryland Administrative Procedure Act? I would like to read it.

EHS1976

Mar 28, 2013
    USA
    Thanks. I see no proposed or final regulations. I'd really like to see the public comments on these two new regulations that the state has communicated to the public.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Thanks. I see no proposed or final regulations. I'd really like to see the public comments on these two new regulations that the state has communicated to the public.

Well, sort of. If FFL's are the "public".... not sure about that. And it appears to have been a limited subset of FFL's.

Thanks IndespensibleDestiny for the link, btw, the handgun roster info is in there also.

But I completely agree with you. Nothing in there. The new policy/regulation of attaching a statement is not consistent with any current law/COMAR section.

If we gotta wait for a new model handgun to be added for 7-8 weeks (they met on May 7th) for comment, they oughtta have to wait to impose a new requirement. This is complete BS.

EHS1976

Mar 28, 2013
    USA
    Public means everyone not just the FFLs. I'd like to see the notice informing the public that a NICS number is required to transfer a firearm. I've seen postings indicating that the state is telling FFLs that a NICS number is required before the transfer. I want to see this notice of proposed and final regulations. The same thing goes for the new requirement to append a sheet of paper indicating "8th day transfer" to the applications. Nobody has been provided a chance to comment on these new regulations.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Public means everyone not just the FFLs. I'd like to see the notice informing the public that a NICS number is required to transfer a firearm. I've seen postings indicating that the state is telling FFLs that a NICS number is required before the transfer. I want to see this notice of proposed and final regulations. The same thing goes for the new requirement to append a sheet of paper indicating "8th day transfer" to the applications. Nobody has been provided a chance to comment on these new regulations.

Agreed.

What do you propose we do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom