• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    This thread got me to thinking
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=145235
    Why is it that so many members don't show under their avatar where they are located? It would definately help knowing where someone is located before answering a question like where can I find something or as the OP in the above thread is from Missouri, and off the top of my head I have no idea about the laws in that state, I've got a hard enough time keeping up with the BS laws in this state.:innocent0

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    It is particularly irritating in the classifieds when they state "this will be face to face only", and then don't bother to tell you if they are in western, northern, southern MD or the eastern shore. It makes a difference if you have spend a $100 on gas and tolls to get to their "Maryland" location.

The threads usually begin with, "so what's a good local body shop" without any clue what "local" means to them.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Buff, I have often wondered the same thing. It is hard to give people advice on some things without having a clue as to where they are.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    It is particularly irritating in the classifieds when they state "this will be face to face only", and then don't bother to tell you if they are in western, northern, southern MD or the eastern shore. It makes a difference if you have spend a $100 on gas and tolls to get to their "Maryland" location.

The threads usually begin with, "so what's a good local body shop" without any clue what "local" means to them.
    Exactly what I'm talking about. :thumbsup:
    That's why I just list the county. I don't see any problem with that.
    this would be the easiest thing to do as most counties in Maryland are fairly big.
    Buff, I have often wondered the same thing. It is hard to give people advice on some things without having a clue as to where they are.
    precisely why I linked to the thread I did.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    That's why I just list the county. I don't see any problem with that.

The person in question had no location at all (and, as it turns out isn't even from Maryland).

But, lots of guys do it. I don't take issue with it, I just like to see where others are from (within MD) and also don't mind them knowing where I'm at.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Because some people still think the "Eastern Shore" is a million miles away.:roll eyes: and "Western MD" means anything over the bridge to someone from the Eastern Shore. :D

Feb 28, 2013
    If people want to know where I'm at, they'll ask.

If I want 'em to know, I'll tell 'em.

Work doesn't need to know what the hell I do on the interwebz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom