• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lotofpez

Feb 10, 2011
    Cumberland
    I have a friend who is looking for a local Utah CCW permit class. He was going to go to the sportsman show and get it there but that didn't pan out.

If any body knows of one please post here as I will check often. He lives in Cumberland and would probaly travel to Garrett County or Hagerstown if needed.

Thanks.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Constitutional Firearms (Scaggsville/Laurel area) has them every second Saturday of the month. The cost is $75.00 cash/check and $80.00 charge. The details can be be found in the calendar posting.

Terpfan76

Mar 23, 2013
    Western Maryland
    They had one listed in the Cumberland Times-News yesterday. Its happening this Sunday And again in early May. I think it was on the back of the front section of the paper.

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    Someone from Clearspring has recently been certified for it. I know he's had one or two classes already and there may be one coming up, at some hotel I think. I'll check with my source in a few days when I get back.

BigBossMan

Mar 7, 2013
    Washington County
    Someone from Clearspring has recently been certified for it. I know he's had one or two classes already and there may be one coming up, at some hotel I think. I'll check with my source in a few days when I get back.

I'll be teaching one in Clear Spring on April 13th at the Isaac Walton League. PM me for more info.

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    Clearspring would be closer and sooner. I was not considering this before the FDK gunshow. Frederick was an acceptable distance and the soonest on their list. My CFI recert is clear down in Ashburn. It still feels hinky with MD being a red state.
    blink.gif

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    As others have posted we offer the Utah class all over the State. See my sig line for a partial schedule. We add class to the schedule almost weekly. To register please visit our website http://www.genesisfirearms.com for details and to register.

DON'T FORGET TO USE THE MARYLAND SHOOTERS DISCOUNT CODE! The code is MDShooters

Our classes are a One Stop Shop. We include everything you will need to apply for the Utah permit for one low price. Finger printing, passport photos, review of all paperwork and we even mail your application to Utah for you. There are no hidden fees.

A member of Maryland Shooters can take the all inclusive class for $100 + the $51.00 Utah application fee. There are no hidden fees.

Don't take my word for how great our services are, see what our customers say HERE

gotguns

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    As others have posted we offer the Utah class all over the State. See my sig line for a partial schedule. We add class to the schedule almost weekly. To register please visit our website http://www.genesisfirearms.com for details and to register.

DON'T FORGET TO USE THE MARYLAND SHOOTERS DISCOUNT CODE! The code is MDShooters

Our classes are a One Stop Shop. We include everything you will need to apply for the Utah permit for one low price. Finger printing, passport photos, review of all paperwork and we even mail your application to Utah for you. There are no hidden fees.

A member of Maryland Shooters can take the all inclusive class for $100 + the $51.00 Utah application fee. There are no hidden fees.

Don't take my word for how great our services are, see what our customers say HERE

Perrin @ Genesis firearms done me right!

BigBossMan

Mar 7, 2013
    Washington County
    scaledphpserver85filenamecrybaby4jy.gif
    I've already paid so I'm locked in to FDK. But this was a wakeup call to search this forum more thoroughly.

No biggie. You'll get good training with them. The important thing is you're getting your permit.

EDIT: FYI Utah sent out a bulletin to all the instructors. They are swamped with permit applications. So it will take 60 days to process your application AFTER they have processed your payment.

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Just took the class at MMTA last night in Frederick. Wish I had researched it more because it felt more like a sales pitch than a ccw class. Very heavy on selling us stuff, i.e. OC sprays, Fireclean, tactical pen, knife, glow sticks, ccw 50 state book, etc. Was an extra $15 for passport photos. Kind of breezed through the laws and told us to go check Utah's website. I really liked the instructor Ron, but, just thought the focus was too much on selling us extra stuff and not enough on the laws. Wasn't very happy with the quality of my fingerprints but that might be just because I'm not familiar with what fingerprints should look like. Thinking I might take it again through one of the guys on this page just to make sure I get complete training. Only signed up because it was in the same town where I live.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    Just took the class at MMTA last night in Frederick. Wish I had researched it more because it felt more like a sales pitch than a ccw class. Very heavy on selling us stuff, i.e. OC sprays, Fireclean, tactical pen, knife, glow sticks, ccw 50 state book, etc. Was an extra $15 for passport photos. Kind of breezed through the laws and told us to go check Utah's website. I really liked the instructor Ron, but, just thought the focus was too much on selling us extra stuff and not enough on the laws. Wasn't very happy with the quality of my fingerprints but that might be just because I'm not familiar with what fingerprints should look like. Thinking I might take it again through one of the guys on this page just to make sure I get complete training. Only signed up because it was in the same town where I live.

You are not the first person to say something about MMTA. I'm sorry that you don't feel like you received the proper training.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=47287&highlight=mmta

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=39866&highlight=marksman+masters

I'm not trying to talk bad about them because obviously I'm a competitor, but we have heard complaints before, as seen above.

I always tell customers, if you don't choose us for training, that is fine. Just do your research on who you train with. Some people are certified as firearms instructors, and some people are firearms instructors.....big difference, imho.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia

Visit Utah's website and do the instructor survey. I tell every student to do this.

This is the best way to let UT know how their instructors are doing.

Here's the link.

http://www.publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/CFPsurvey.html

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Visit Utah's website and do the instructor survey. I tell every student to do this.

This is the best way to let UT know how their instructors are doing.

Here's the link.

http://www.publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/CFPsurvey.html

Thank you for this link. I'll def follow up on it.

Read a lot of good stuff about your class searching through the forum this morning. Prob sign up for your Frederick IWLA class because I do all my NRA training there.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Thank you for this link. I'll def follow up on it.

Read a lot of good stuff about your class searching through the forum this morning. Prob sign up for your Frederick IWLA class because I do all my NRA training there.

Then you must know Ben, he's good people and a great instructor.

I hope to see you in the class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom