• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Hendershots usually has some really expensive models, but any other dealers offer these German rifles in Maryland? I found a place in Ohio that will ship to MD or you can buy at their shop. Thinking about getting a nice squirrel gun. Or maybe CZ will do.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    There ya go. Both in one stop. I didn't know this. CZ=the poor man's Annie, excellent shooters.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I am thinking about a full stock CZ 455 in .22 LR and like the ability to switch barrels to .17 HMR or .22 Mag. I have a heavy barrel Savage MKII LV and it is very accurate. But it is not very pretty! I would like a lightweight .22 rifle for shooting squirrels and shooting offhand.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I am thinking about a full stock CZ 455 in .22 LR and like the ability to switch barrels to .17 HMR or .22 Mag. I have a heavy barrel Savage MKII LV and it is very accurate. But it is not very pretty! I would like a lightweight .22 rifle for shooting squirrels and shooting offhand.

Go for it.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Op-check Trading Post classifieds on rimfirecentral. Hard to find a "cheap" Anschutz. Duffys sometimes has some used lower priced sporters in. I pick up a nice SA Annie 520 there a couple of years ago. It's a LOW end model but it shoots well. Even my used 1710 DKL in 22 LR cost over $1200 a few years ago. That is the low end of the 54 actions.
    If you want a good squirrel rifle it's hard to beat a CZ 452 or 455. They are excellent target guns as well. Or really treat yourself and search GB and every where for a BRNO#1. No longer made but the epitome of a nice handling squirrel gun. Can be found for under $400. If you are not familiar with CZs you owe it to yourself to handle a few. I like the full stock models myself but none are bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom