• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Jul 22, 2021
    The wood dowel is out. Shells stick a little bit when going in, especially second one for some reason. Can anything be done to resolve this or is it simply a new shotgun issue.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    If it is a new shotgun, take it apart and clean it well. While doing so, inspect the tube for scratches or imperfections that may be present. Tube should be smooth on the inside. Make sure it is clean and free of any lube or grease which tend to collect debris, and should never be used in magazines of any kind.

Stephen M

Jan 20, 2013
    MoCo
    How old is the gun, how many rounds has it been through? First thing I’d look at is the follower, maybe it’s worn or tilting for some reason. Then look for debris or burrs in the magazine tube.

I shot skeet for years with a 500 that was well worn when I bought it, never had a loading or feed issue. The 500 should be GTG when everything is in spec.

Don’t let that stop you from buying a new shotgun if that’s what you really want. :).

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I agree with the above. It's not unusual for the follower to cause some issues if not reinstalled properly...as said above. Do yourself a favor and buy a Choate follower to replace the factory piece. The cost is minimal, it's orange which makes it easy to see whether there's rounds in the magazine and made of polymer which won't drag as the metal factory follower can.

Sirex