• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Compliance with GFSZA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ok... I'm a little slow today... Tell me more... Gun Free School Zone Act?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    To be in compliance within 1000 feet of a school you need a permit issued from the state the school is in

So a MD permit will not comply in VA for the GFSZA

Personally I don’t view it as a huge deal. It is used as an add on charge for more serious charges

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Having made the required appointment a week ago, today, I went to:

Absolute Investigative Fingerprinting and Security Services, 604 E Joppa Rd, Towson, MD 21286, (410) 828-6460. Cost: $65

I paid at the counter and sat down. It wasn't long before I had my prints taken.

There is a pre-registration form you can bring. See the square boxes on this web page:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Having made the required appointment a week ago, today, I went to:

Absolute Investigative Fingerprinting and Security Services, 604 E Joppa Rd, Towson, MD 21286, (410) 828-6460. Cost: $65

I paid at the counter and sat down. It wasn't long before I had my prints taken.

There is a pre-registration form you can bring. See the square boxes on this web page:
    I wonder why this is on the pre-registration from:

REQUIRED INFORMATION
    Please Circle Yes or No for Each Question

Have you ever been charged or convicted of any criminal activity? YES NO

Do you have any pending criminal charges? YES NO

CMSGT

BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2022
    I disagree with this. W&C Permits are voluntary things, also the lines would be out the door at each Trooper barracks and Admin office. Also the private companies are approved by the state as meeting the requirements but those places also have to pay wages, rent, licensing fees for finger print software, and make a profit. For the record most of my fingerprinting experience outside of NSA and the US Capital I have had to pay for the fingerprints.
    I have experienced several instances where I did not pay for printing, (Fed and State), until recently. If the government wants printing from it's folks that have not been arrested for a crime, that agency should absorb the cost. In this case, shouldn't be needed in the first place. BTW, who cares about lines out the door at a trooper barracks? :rolleyes:

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I went to Biometrics Identity Verification Systems in Beltsville because they were open on a Saturday and were close to where I needed to be anyway. They were supposed to open at 10AM, and the guy arrived at 10:20AM. I had been first in line and it was otherwise quick. Total was $60, which I opted to pay with cash.

Tankfixr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Harford County
    Absolute Investivgative Services in Bel Air today. Appointments only at this time. One person working one machine. Took about and hour with four folks in front of me.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I have experienced several instances where I did not pay for printing, (Fed and State), until recently. If the government wants printing from it's folks that have not been arrested for a crime, that agency should absorb the cost. In this case, shouldn't be needed in the first place. BTW, who cares about lines out the door at a trooper barracks? :rolleyes:
    Well because people would piss and moan about the lines. This is my 3rd permit 3rd set I have paid for, when I worked for DCJS cerified company again those prints were also paid for not by me but by my company. Besides Capital Police, NSA and DoD di i not pay for my prints but those 3 agencies are a tad suspicious by nature. Even if they were free, "permit fee" would go up accordingly, there is nothing free when it comes to the gov't someone pays for it.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Absolute Investivgative Services in Bel Air today. Appointments only at this time. One person working one machine. Took about and hour with four folks in front of me.
    that seems long, they did both my HQL and W&C and I spent maybe 15 minutes total both visits combined and i had to use their lotion each time because my prints would not pop.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    FTS in pasdena 52$ in and out very cool group of guy's. Even with 26 people in class he opened a spot for me . Just give them a call as they do off site classes as well so sometimes they have to take the live scan unit with them .
    I second this, good guys. Had a fun time looking around and talking to them.

Jack Burton

Apr 2, 2013
    Edgewater, MD
    Annapolis Fingerprinting. Easy access, right off of 665 on Riva Road. $63. They take appointments in 10 minute blocks. Super friendly people and highly efficient.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I wonder why this is on the pre-registration from:

REQUIRED INFORMATION
    Please Circle Yes or No for Each Question

Have you ever been charged or convicted of any criminal activity? YES NO

Do you have any pending criminal charges? YES NO
    Do you self flagellate? YES NO

Users who are viewing this thread