• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ch656

May 10, 2023
    Maryland
    I know if I get the W&C permit that the HQL fee is free. I don’t care about saving the extra $75 it’s too long of a wait. So can I use the same fingerprinting live scan number for both the HQL & W&C permit if I do it at the same time? I have all the w&r form complete besides the fingerprints.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    I know if I get the W&C permit that the HQL fee is free. I don’t care about saving the extra $75 it’s too long of a wait. So can I use the same fingerprinting live scan number for both the HQL & W&C permit if I do it at the same time? I have all the w&r form complete besides the fingerprints.
    Fingerprints needed only ONCE if you get your W&C, and use your W&C number to get your free HQL.

sygata

Feb 13, 2012
    This is what I got from MD police at some point:

If you wish to use the same fingerprints for your Wear and Carry Permit and your HQL application, you must wait for a disposition on the Wear and Carry Permit application. If you are approved for the Wear and Carry Permit, we can use those fingerprints for your HQL application. If you wish to have the HQL application approved prior to receiving a disposition on your Wear and Carry Permit application, you would need to be fingerprinted a second time under the Firearms Registration code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom