• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aug 16, 2022
    Finksburg, MD
    P80 - 80% lower serializing
    (ATF and MD complaint)

Hello everyone, I’m Alejandro with Blue Customworks and I’m a type 7 FFL manufacturer offering laser serializing services (ATF and MD Compliant).

I’ll be serializing at the following designated gun events if you would like to bring your 80%’s:
    *We can also schedule an appointment at my shop in Finksburg, MD if you prefer.

Associated Gun Clubs of Maryland (AGC Range):
    Fri 9/9 3:30PM – 7:00PM
    Mon 9/12 3:30PM – 7:00PM

Hosted by Arlington Rifle and Pistol Club
    *Open to the public
    https://agcrange.org/
    https://www.arlingtonrpc.com/

West Friendship Gun Show:
    Sat 9/10 9:00AM – 4:00PM
    Sun 9/11 9:00AM – 3:00PM

https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/west-friendship-md-gun-show/

Serializing Pricing:
    1-4 Guns: $45 each
    5 or more Guns: $40 each
    *AGC Badge holders get $5 discount per gun and 10% of proceeds are donated to the AGC.
    *NFA Engravings: same pricing.
    *I accept card and cash.

*Bring friends and family to combine theirs for pricing. They have to come in person with gov issued photo ID.

Please Bring:
    -Gov issued photo ID
    -Guns unloaded and in a case/bag.
    -AR’s: please remove the upper, stock can stay on.

They take 20 mins each.
    If you come to the gun show: Drop by my table first to drop off your guns and pick them up before you leave.
    If you come to one of the AGC events: You can drop them off with me then go shoot at the range or come back later to pick them up.

Feel free to contact me with questions.

Thanks

A frame or a receiver marked in this manner (ATF Method) by a manufacturer or importer need not be registered with the Maryland State Police.” -Maryland Shall Issue
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/information/privately-made-firearms-in-maryland

Alejandro Schubert
    Owner & Artist
    Blue Customworks
    Finksburg, MD
    Cerakote – Laser Engraving
    P80-80% Lower Serializing – NFA Engraving
    FFL Type 7 Manufacturer
    info@bluecustomworks.us
    Mobile: (301) 742-4428
    Instagram, Facebook, Gun Broker search: Blue Customworks
    Website coming soon.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I didn't think IP's were permitted to advertise in regular threads, that what they have an IP forum for?

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    We must do something about this immediately!!
    Can I get a HARRUMPH !
    I didn't get a Harrumph out of that guy over there!!!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    A shout out to Blue Customworks for taking me in this afternoon and providing me with some now legal PMF's to work with once I get my permit here. Took a few pistol frames in and like magic, they are now legit in MD. Very convenient and pretty quick, first rate job on the engraving.

Hope I get outta here soon, but in the meantime, I need options. Thanks Alejandro!

Aug 16, 2022
    Finksburg, MD
    A shout out to Blue Customworks for taking me in this afternoon and providing me with some now legal PMF's to work with once I get my permit here. Took a few pistol frames in and like magic, they are now legit in MD. Very convenient and pretty quick, first rate job on the engraving.

Hope I get outta here soon, but in the meantime, I need options. Thanks Alejandro!
    Thank you for your kind words Sticky. I appreciate it. And thank you for your business. If there is anything I can do for you in the future, I'll be happy to help! Hope you have a great day!

DWN

May 30, 2022
    Hagerstown, MD
    I agree with you @asdaven. Thanks for sharing that because what you said is important information.

I would also like to add that the Maryland method is no longer allowed to be used as of Aug 24, 2022 and guns that had been serialized the Maryland way must still meet federal requirements (ATF method) by Mar 1, 2023.

So people that had them done the MD way still need to go to an FFL to get them done the ATF way.

For those, I can fix them one of three ways:

One: If there is room, and I have not used your unique number already, I can simply add my FFL number before your number.

Two: you dremel out your number and I put the ATF compliant one over it.

Three: If there is room, you leave the MD number alone and I put the ATF compliant one above or below.

Alejandro Schubert
    Owner & Artist
    Blue Customworks
    Finksburg, MD
    Cerakote – Laser Engraving
    P80-80% Lower Serializing – NFA Engraving
    FFL Type 7 Manufacturer
    info@bluecustomworks.us
    Mobile: (301) 742-4428
    Instagram, Facebook, Gun Broker search: Blue Customworks
    Website coming soon.
    The ATF has told me that they will honor the MSP requirements if previously done by an FFL. I asked them directly as I have many customers with the MSP method, especially on P80s and I do not want them to have any problems. My customers have all registered their firearms with the MSP and have had no problems.

grasser

May 16, 2022
    Carroll County, Mount Airy
    The ATF has told me that they will honor the MSP requirements if previously done by an FFL. I asked them directly as I have many customers with the MSP method, especially on P80s and I do not want them to have any problems. My customers have all registered their firearms with the MSP and have had no problems.
    I contacted the MSP and they were very responsive. I'd ask a question or two and get an answer the very next day. The officer at the MD Licensing Division told me that my Polymer 80's that were marked with the MD format and registered via the 77R are good and do not need to be altered to the ATF format. He mentioned that the existing MD format can be made ATF compliant by adding the first 3 numbers & last 5 numbers of the FFL number as a prefix followed by a hyphen. However this was not necessary provided that they were engraved prior to 8/24/2022 and registered.

I'm keeping his emails just in case I am questioned by someone. I do have 5 remaining frames that have not been engraved yet, so they must have the ATF format. I'm trying to find an FFL that will do it since several of the FFLs that I dealt with in the past stopped engraving around the 8/24 deadline.

DWN

May 30, 2022
    Hagerstown, MD
    I contacted the MSP and they were very responsive. I'd ask a question or two and get an answer the very next day. The officer at the MD Licensing Division told me that my Polymer 80's that were marked with the MD format and registered via the 77R are good and do not need to be altered to the ATF format. He mentioned that the existing MD format can be made ATF compliant by adding the first 3 numbers & last 5 numbers of the FFL number as a prefix followed by a hyphen. However this was not necessary provided that they were engraved prior to 8/24/2022 and registered.

I'm keeping his emails just in case I am questioned by someone. I do have 5 remaining frames that have not been engraved yet, so they must have the ATF format. I'm trying to find an FFL that will do it since several of the FFLs that I dealt with in the past stopped engraving around the 8/24 deadline.
    I am still doing the ATF serial numbers. For me, this is not a seasonal thing. Let me know if I can help.

grasser

May 16, 2022
    Carroll County, Mount Airy
    Is there anyone farther south that is doing the ATF engraving?
    Could you provide more info by "Further South"? I know of a few engravers in Anne Arundal County and Rockville, Md. At the top of this page is a post by a person who is doing engraving in Arlington and from what I can tell, he basically works at gun shows so you can check him out.

I am preparing to contact the person above, DWN to take my units to Hagerstown, hopefully the end of this week. This is not a convenient drive for me but he was responsive so I am willing to spend an hour each way to get my engraving done. I'm hoping to be done with this serial number fiasco in a couple months and spend time on my other hobbies (guitar, gardening, wood working, etc.). Then I can spend 2 days a month at the range enjoying my gun hobby.

Here is a funny anecdote, my wife of 46 years had her father killed in the line of duty as a Baltimore City Police officer. She told me when we were dating, she would never allow a firearm in HER house. We got married and gun ownership was not a priority for me. Three years ago there were several armed break-ins in our neighborhood. Now she owns two pistols and wants to get a Concealed Carry (I didn't even want to go that far). Sorry this is off-topic BUT it explains why I was allowed to build a 4 P80s and get some spares. She obviously wants a name brand not a home made "HOBBY" gun.

My point is very convoluted. I was willing to try to get some info for the person who posted. I gave an anecdote for the heck of it AND I hope people will spend more time informing their local politicians that this is a HOBBY and not a cheap one! I'll get off my soap box. Good luck Mr. drewhall!.

drewhall

May 29, 2009
    Maryland
    Could you provide more info by "Further South"? I know of a few engravers in Anne Arundal County and Rockville, Md. At the top of this page is a post by a person who is doing engraving in Arlington and from what I can tell, he basically works at gun shows so you can check him out.

I am preparing to contact the person above, DWN to take my units to Hagerstown, hopefully the end of this week. This is not a convenient drive for me but he was responsive so I am willing to spend an hour each way to get my engraving done. I'm hoping to be done with this serial number fiasco in a couple months and spend time on my other hobbies (guitar, gardening, wood working, etc.). Then I can spend 2 days a month at the range enjoying my gun hobby.

Here is a funny anecdote, my wife of 46 years had her father killed in the line of duty as a Baltimore City Police officer. She told me when we were dating, she would never allow a firearm in HER house. We got married and gun ownership was not a priority for me. Three years ago there were several armed break-ins in our neighborhood. Now she owns two pistols and wants to get a Concealed Carry (I didn't even want to go that far). Sorry this is off-topic BUT it explains why I was allowed to build a 4 P80s and get some spares. She obviously wants a name brand not a home made "HOBBY" gun.

My point is very convoluted. I was willing to try to get some info for the person who posted. I gave an anecdote for the heck of it AND I hope people will spend more time informing their local politicians that this is a HOBBY and not a cheap one! I'll get off my soap box. Good luck Mr. drewhall!.

I'm down in St. Mary's. Arlington isn't a bad drive, I used to work up there. I've got one pistol and one AR lower to get done I reckon.

Funny how people's minds change when stuff happens closer to home.

Jul 1, 2012
    I'm down in St. Mary's. Arlington isn't a bad drive, I used to work up there. I've got one pistol and one AR lower to get done I reckon.

Funny how people's minds change when stuff happens closer to home.
    The PDF linked in the OP lists Cromwell's (FFL-01,Great Mills), Devil Dog Laser Engraving (FFL-01,CA) in lower STM, and Whiskey Barrel (FFL-07,Charlotte Hall) as of 8/29/2022. Cannot confirm what exact services they can perform (yet).

drewhall

May 29, 2009
    Maryland
    The PDF linked in the OP lists Cromwell's (FFL-01,Great Mills), Devil Dog Laser Engraving (FFL-01,CA) in lower STM, and Whiskey Barrel (FFL-07,Charlotte Hall) as of 8/29/2022. Cannot confirm what exact services they can perform (yet).
    Did not see that, thank you Sir!

drewhall

May 29, 2009
    Maryland
    For those south of Waldorf, Devil Dog Laser Engraving lists 80% engraving on their Facebook page, looks like $50 per receiver. I have not used them yet but plan to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom