• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    As others have said, solar panels and rechargeable batteries.

If you have a solar set up, you might be able to recieve goods in exchange for charging other people's batteries for them.

It would be useful to have a variety of chargers on hand. For example, chargers for 12v car batteries, 6v batteries, lithium batteries, AA, C, and D rechargeables, etc.

A large stock of the small rechargeables you could barter away could be a continuing source of income as people return to get them recharged.

ETA: oops, just saw Alan mentioned this way back on post #9.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    My plan is to have enough panels to run a water heater, so I can invite all the nubile females in the village to come enjoy the benefits of a hot shower and a back rub.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Well, we have tupperware bins of kids clothes our kids outgrew. The wife told me a while ago to get them down and donate them, but I proChris-tinated and never got around to it. People have kids, will need clothes I guess. I'll hold onto them for a while. Also have some silver, spare hardware bits and pieces, ammo, etc.

beetles

MDS Supporter
    Dec 19, 2021
    Never understood precious metals.

If no one will take paper money, what makes you think I’d let my hen go for gold?:shrug:
    It would take a fairly severe collapse of the economy to eliminate the trade in gold. I am not a gold bug, but gold offers exchange through secondary transactions for things you do want. So if you wanted 100 doxycycline capsules and would trade your hen for that, or for 50 .38 rounds and could get neither, you have some way to negotiate values. Gold carries its own value in its scarcity. A defunct government can't make more of it (despite alchemy attempts, the only source is from the centers of neutron stars). It is durable, doesn't oxidize. dissolves only in the most extremely reactive acid solutions, has utility in medicine, industry and fashion, and is scalable by purity and weight. Unlike food, it doesn't spoil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom