• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontallo

Crotchety Old Guy Who Owns Too Many Guns
    Feb 13, 2020
    Sarver, PA 16055
    I discovered precipitously that we are limited to 7 posts in the classified section. Is there a membership level that permits more posts?
    Thanks

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    From the "Forum Rules" thread.

"Classified Ad Rules: Mdshooters.com strives to provide its members with a community oriented forum where members participate in more than online discussions. One of the most highly used features of the forum is the classified section where members in good standing can advertise their firearms, firearms related items and the occasional unrelated item for free.

To be considered "in good standing" we have implemented what is referred to as "The 50 Post Rule." Members wishing to sell an item on mdshooters.com are required to participate in the online discussions and become a contributing member of the community. After a member has contributed 50 posts, they may offer to sell items on the mdshooters.com free classified service. "Spamming" of the forum will result in a members post count being reset to ZERO. A second infraction will result in termination of the member's free account.

In an effort to give all users the most equitable use of the classifieds section, users are limited to no more than 5 open ads. The administration reserves the right to remove ads that exceed the 5 ad limit with no warning or explanation.

Users are required to use the default setting of "3 weeks" for their ads so that every person using the classifieds has an equal chance of their ad being rotated to the top. It is no longer permissible to select short durations and re-list the ad in order to move your ad to the top. Violators will have their ads closed.

Anyone repeatedly abusing the free service provided by the classifieds is at risk of losing that privilege permanently."

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I asked a simple question and suddenly I am a malcontent who should go play somewhere else, or better yet, kill myself.

Don't stress too much about it, some of it comes from ongoing jokes.

The classifieds have been subjected to abuse in the past (and even the basis of a ridiculous lawsuit). The rules are there in part so they remain a useful tool for occasional private sales rather than a primary source of income for a business or individual. That is what IP status is for.

If you have multiple related items (for example, different brands of the same caliber like you posted), you could always put them together in one ad and give buyers the option of purchasing all or part.

It could be worse... nobody told you to go and get your shine box. ;)

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Don't stress too much about it, some of it comes from ongoing jokes.

The classifieds have been subjected to abuse in the past (and even the basis of a ridiculous lawsuit). The rules are there in part so they remain a useful tool for occasional private sales rather than a primary source of income for a business or individual. That is what IP status is for.

If you have multiple related items (for example, different brands of the same caliber like you posted), you could always put them together in one ad and give buyers the option of purchasing all or part.

It could be worse... nobody told you to go and get your shine box. ;)
    Yet.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I asked a simple question and suddenly I am a malcontent who should go play somewhere else, or better yet, kill myself.
    Yeah, about that.

…as a fellow crotchety old guy with two many guns… This community is CHOCK FULL of fixers. You got a problem; they (we) got the fix. Just ask.

In my short time here, I’ve noticed the answer inevitably is: THEIR HOUSE. THEIR RULES. Ends up being always simple, occasionally not easy.

I note for the record your join date. Let me be the one (please) to grant you official honorary 13er status. With that, you should be bullet proof. Or not.

Remember, more is better with guns n ammo. Notsomuch with classified ads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom