• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Heading to a family reunion near Uniontown, PA this weekend from NOVA, heading up 70 then west on 68 for a long ways. Have a little time to kill on the drive up… Anyone have any recommendations for shops along I-68 between Frederick and Keysers Ridge that tend to have a decent used/C&R selection? Thanks in advance!

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Me too as I'm heading to Hopwood/Uniontown this weekend (small world!). Used to haunt Ace Sporting Goods in Washington PA back in the early 80s. Their site has a fantastic photo from April where they bought an impressive looking collection of C&R rifles. Not sure who else in the area has anything of interest. If I make it to the local indoor range in Mt Braddock I'll ask the owner if he has any suggestions (Cycled the climb up Mt Braddock Rd past his range to the top of the mountain, oh Lord that was the hardet climb I ever did in 20 plus years of road riding. Brutal! My brother, rightfully, thought I was mental.).

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Me too as I'm heading to Hopwood/Uniontown this weekend (small world!). Used to haunt Ace Sporting Goods in Washington PA back in the early 80s. Their site has a fantastic photo from April where they bought an impressive looking collection of C&R rifles. Not sure who else in the area has anything of interest. If I make it to the local indoor range in Mt Braddock I'll ask the owner if he has any suggestions (Cycled the climb up Mt Braddock Rd past his range to the top of the mountain, oh Lord that was the hardet climb I ever did in 20 plus years of road riding. Brutal! My brother, rightfully, thought I was mental.).
    Small world indeed! I’ll be just up the road from you, my family has a cabin on Skyline Dr at the top of the mountain down by Laurel Caverns. I make the pilgrimage once a year when the whole extended family gets together.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Small world indeed! I’ll be just up the road from you, my family has a cabin on Skyline Dr at the top of the mountain down by Laurel Caverns. I make the pilgrimage once a year when the whole extended family gets together.
    As I've mentioned previously I used to climb Rt 40 from Hopwood to the Summit Hotel then out Skyline Dr past Laurel Caverns to eventually descend back down the mountains on Mud Pike which dumps out in Haydentown. Then it was find a way back from there, usually through Fairchance or maybe out to Continental then back through Uniontown. So I know I've passed your family cabin on numerous occasions. It's a beautiful ride in the cool air of autumn with the leaves changing color. Hell, even saw a mountain lion when I stopped on Mud Pike to take a photo. Thank God he was far enough away that I never felt concern. Let's just say when I started out again I grabbed the biggest gear I had and blew by where he crossed the road at a solid 45 plus mph. Sounds slow but on a road bike with those narrow tires it feels a whole lot faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom