• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alanbdot

Jul 8, 2013
    Hey all,

Wife and I recently got our Wear and Carry. I have an XMacro and G48 that I carry but my wife is still trying to figure out what she likes. Between the few options I have + rental options at Cindy’s in Glen Burnie, 95% of the guns in the running are readily available but the one firearm I would really like for her to try is a Staccato CS if at all possible. I highly doubt she would be disappointed if we just ordered it, but at $2500 would love a chance to confirm she likes it as much as I know I would.

Would ideally like to meet up at Cindy’s one weekday evening maybe on a slower day, would gladly pay for your range time to have a lane of your own, as well as reciprocate the favor and bring anything of mine that interests you (various Glocks, Sigs, CZ Scorpion, Colt Gold Cup to name a few). Appreciate you all in advance and hope we can work something out!

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    personally that’s way too expensive for a carry gun in my opinion.
    It's also bulkier and heavier than it looks from the hype. I know two folks who bought them and immediately sold them as the pistols didn't live up to their expectations. Not casting shade on the guns, just that they weren't what the guys wanted for carry guns.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    It's also bulkier and heavier than it looks from the hype. I know two folks who bought them and immediately sold them as the pistols didn't live up to their expectations. Not casting shade on the guns, just that they weren't what the guys wanted for carry guns.

That's the problem with 'hype'. People buy into it.

I had a Stacatto P for while when the CS came out. Since the P is by far my favorite gun, I decided to give the CS a try. Lucky for me all the "disappointed" internet types helped lower my expectations. Turns out it was exactly what I expected. I carry the CS exclusively now and I feel little if any difference in size/weight from the Glock 19 I was carrying for years before that (the holster matters) - and for me at least, it shoots much better. It fits my hand better than the Glock or the P, and I'm faster with it (from IWB). So YMMV. If I was to do an internet review on it, I would give it glowing remarks - and yeah, I guess it would sound like 'hype'.

As for the cost - yes, it's an expensive carry gun, but if it gets me in a fight and 'minute of perp' half a second faster - then it's worth it to me. Thus far, that's proven to be the case with the CS.

OP: Is there a particular reason you want your wife to look at a 2011 platform gun? They are certainly not for every one (especially for CC), and I would suggest they require more range time to become proficient (manipulating the safety, etc.). If your budget is limited I would suggest a less expensive option with a couple of cases ammo and good training from a reputable source. If the purchase of a $2500 handgun limits your training options, then it's probably not the right choice - particularly for a beginner.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I have a staccato c2 you can shoot until you get tired of it. Might even be able to set up with a guy who has a cs. There is not much difference between the two honestly.

You would just need to come to my range in littlestown pa, but at least there is no range fee there.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    In case you might not know, there is a nifty website where you can compare different pistols, side by side, with most of the specs. https://www.handgunhero.com/
    Here's a screenshot of the two Staccatos:
    Screen Shot 2023-12-30 at 10.19.54 PM.png

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    It's also bulkier and heavier than it looks from the hype.

I carry the CS exclusively now and I feel little if any difference in size/weight from the Glock 19 I was carrying for years before that

It's a bit taller but shorter in length and lighter by .9 oz than a Glock 9, per this comparison.

Compares pretty well with a PCR, which is what I usually have on when I carry.

But 5 times the price, and I don't want a safety.

Edit: 5 oz lighter than PCR and .9 oz lighter than G19 - I wonder if they made a mistake and are comparing its empty weight with the other guns' loaded weight.

Alanbdot

Jul 8, 2013
    That's the problem with 'hype'. People buy into it.

I had a Stacatto P for while when the CS came out. Since the P is by far my favorite gun, I decided to give the CS a try. Lucky for me all the "disappointed" internet types helped lower my expectations. Turns out it was exactly what I expected. I carry the CS exclusively now and I feel little if any difference in size/weight from the Glock 19 I was carrying for years before that (the holster matters) - and for me at least, it shoots much better. It fits my hand better than the Glock or the P, and I'm faster with it (from IWB). So YMMV. If I was to do an internet review on it, I would give it glowing remarks - and yeah, I guess it would sound like 'hype'.

As for the cost - yes, it's an expensive carry gun, but if it gets me in a fight and 'minute of perp' half a second faster - then it's worth it to me. Thus far, that's proven to be the case with the CS.

OP: Is there a particular reason you want your wife to look at a 2011 platform gun? They are certainly not for every one (especially for CC), and I would suggest they require more range time to become proficient (manipulating the safety, etc.). If your budget is limited I would suggest a less expensive option with a couple of cases ammo and good training from a reputable source. If the purchase of a $2500 handgun limits your training options, then it's probably not the right choice - particularly for a beginner.
    I totally agree that training is paramount and that is something she and I will likely be doing together. I won’t say budget is UNLIMITED, but if she find a firearm she is comfortable with, shoots well with and just generally enjoys, the number attached to it has zero bearing whatsoever.

As to the question of “why the interest in the 2011 platform” mainly just to try it and see how we both like it compared to the plethora of options we already own or are owned by immediate family for the purposes of trying them out to decide if they would make a good carry gun for us (G19, G26, G43, G48, P365 XMacro, Springfield XDM9, Hellcat Pro). I carry the XMacro almost exclusively atm and have no issues with it, but having never actually shot any form of 2011 (owned several 1911 in the past), it’s more than anything just a curiousity and to try it and see for ourselves if we truly enjoy it or if it doesn’t live up to the internet hype

Alanbdot

Jul 8, 2013
    I have a staccato c2 you can shoot until you get tired of it. Might even be able to set up with a guy who has a cs. There is not much difference between the two honestly.

You would just need to come to my range in littlestown pa, but at least there is no range fee there.
    This sounds perfect, especially if we can set up with someone with a CS to directly compare to the C2 as well. You’re not terribly far from me, about 1:10 north of me (I live in Laurel, MD). I’ll DM you my cell as text works best for me and maybe we can set something up in the coming weeks, greatly appreciate the offer

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    This sounds perfect, especially if we can set up with someone with a CS to directly compare to the C2 as well. You’re not terribly far from me, about 1:10 north of me (I live in Laurel, MD). I’ll DM you my cell as text works best for me and maybe we can set something up in the coming weeks, greatly appreciate the offer
    If you can't get a hold of a CS, let me know. I should have mentioned you're welcome to try mine (no C2 to compare it to, but I do have a P).

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    CZ PCR/CZ P01 are 75% cheaper, great ergonomics and accuracy. Try before you buy.

Some prefer the decocker vs a manual safety. I much prefer hammer vs striker, and find that the DAO/SAO option provides the safety I want without the issues involved in either a manual safety or a tab on the trigger being the final impediment to firing.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Alan got to shoot my C2, a cs and an XC today. Plus do a little shooting he has never done before, uspca style course.

Hopefully he chimes in.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm not hip on a new shooter/carrier using a single action. They need to train and concentrate on other shooting rituals. Keep It Simple

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom