• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Breaking my habit of cheap .22 scopes,, looking at a Leupold VX-Freedom 2-7x33 Rimfire MOA,,,, They are $299 EVERYWHERE>

Does Leupold hold a strict price control on their re-sellers? Do they ever go on sale?
    In the past I have bought scopes like the Vortex strike Eagle 1-6 from "Focuscamera.com" on deep discount sales. Does that ever happen with Leupold ?

Is there a "web Crawer" program that you can subscribe to that searches out specific items for sale ??

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    They have retailers stick to a set advertised price.

Historically, when you see Leupold go on sale, they're in the process of switching product offerings. Today's "Freedom" line superseded their previous VX-1 and VX-2 series, some 5 years ago now.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I would watch Midway for their sales, may not be aimed at Leupold, but when they do X% off a $300 buy you should be able to rope the scope into that.

SWFA is my go to for glass. They also have demos on sale at times. Ugh! I just checked SWFA to see their price and it looks like they don't sell anything Leupold now but accessories. Maybe, they got slapped for their prices......Bummer as they were my go to.

So, I would watch Midway. At least get free shipping when they do that from time to time. Much better than some dumpster fire place like optics planet or other shady 'net stores.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Leupold has a strict MAP policy. They do offer a MAP Holiday every now and then.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    With vortex and primary arms, I don't see a huge need for leupold in my life. I did when I used to work at bassoro. Leupold gave 40% off with their pro deal program.

This is especially true on a .22, where you can just slap a larger scope on top to use physics in place of expensive technology.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Leupold has a VIP discount

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Leupold has a VIP discount

So basically every form of LE/Mil/Hunting/FFL/instructor gets a ~40% discount, except slobs like me.
    The Leupold scope looked nice,, but now I know why it cost so much :lol2:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    So basically every form of LE/Mil/Hunting/FFL/instructor gets a ~40% discount, except slobs like me.
    The Leupold scope looked nice,, but now I know why it cost so much :lol2:
    Would you like to be a hunter education instructor?

Timing is perfect. This is the time of year when new instructors are brought on board.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Would you like to be a hunter education instructor?

Timing is perfect. This is the time of year when new instructors are brought on board.
    Funny you ask,,
    I have brought many youth through the program, and mentored many in the field.
    It is something I have been meaning to pursue,, not for consumer discounts.

Do tell?

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    Got mine off Amazon and it was on sale. It was a holiday so I’m guessing that’s why

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    …looking at a Leupold VX-Freedom 2-7x33 Rimfire MOA,,,, They are $299 EVERYWHERE>

Is there a "web Crawer" program that you can subscribe to that searches out specific items for sale ??

Looks like less than $299 at a host of places, online (see below link):

(I’ve never bought from DACK Outdoors but, I’ve ordered and bought multiple firearms from the GunDock.com, they’re def gtg)

Hard to add up the THOU$ands I’ve saved by always getting the SKU for whatever I’m interested in and check Gun.deals.com (& Wikiarms.com)

For all things Leupoldy-y, check also NatchezShootersSupply.com and EurOptic.com

Attachments

• 11847219-2985-4A79-B055-3D23F196D2AF.png
      11847219-2985-4A79-B055-3D23F196D2AF.png
      106.8 KB · Views: 62
    • F9065F55-12F6-4D5B-8FB5-C42D47D93786.png
      F9065F55-12F6-4D5B-8FB5-C42D47D93786.png
      151.4 KB · Views: 50
    Last edited:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I have a VX-1 3-9x40 that I would let go for a reasonable price. They are discontinued, not a 'rimfire' scope, but I had it on one of my 22's for a long time. It is not AO, which I really wanted, so I swapped it for a Vortex recently. Shoot me a pm if you are interested.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    I have a VX-1 3-9x40 that I would let go for a reasonable price. They are discontinued, not a 'rimfire' scope, but I had it on one of my 22's for a long time. It is not AO, which I really wanted, so I swapped it for a Vortex recently. Shoot me a pm if you are interested.
    Thanks for the offer,, I def want to go with the smaller 2-7x33, it is going on a Marlin 39D and a larger scope would "overwhelm" the looks of the rifle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom