• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I'm in the market for a 3rd generation Colt Single Action Army. I started a wanted to buy thread.

I can't for the life of me find any sort of price guide or good references on gun broker. Unfortunately Colt doesn't have a "build my gun" type thing like some places do.

Does anyone know what a Colt SAA Nickel 5.5" bbl in .45 colt would cost me?

New or used doesn't really matter, so a price for each would be nice. I seems like everything on gun broker is sporadic at best.

Or even a standard blued/case hardened 5.5" .45?

I'm totally stumped. Not interested in knock offs, as I already have a few. I need to "Pony" up...

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Im not sure there is a price guide for these, production wasnt huge and there were a lot of variations. So I see between $1,000 and $4,000 regularly.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Off the top of my head , the last time I saw a display ad from a distributor with new mfg COLTs , they were 1700-ish.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Search on 2A Sales page:

Results of Inventory Search

Search Criteria:
    Category: Handguns
    Manufacturer: Colt
    Model Series: Single Action Army
    Gun Type: Revolver
    Finish Class: Nickel
    Caliber: 45LC
    Click the Item # to view picture and specifications:
    Item # Manufacturer Description Quantity Availability Your Price Sale Ends
    P1841 Colt SAA 45LC 4.75 REV N 0 contact retailer $1,485.79 *
    P1856 Colt SAA 45LC 5.5 REV N 0 contact retailer $1,485.79 *
    P1876 Colt SAA 45LC 7.5 REV N 0 contact retailer $1,485.79 *

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I have seen the SAA new for around $1500. Older 1st and 2nd generation versions can cost much more! Google Colt Collectors Association.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    The 5.5" barrel model doesn't hold value as well. The 4 3/4" holds value best followed by the 7.5" and then the 5.5" barrel version. You may want to take that into consideration.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    The 5.5" barrel model doesn't hold value as well. The 4 3/4" holds value best followed by the 7.5" and then the 5.5" barrel version. You may want to take that into consideration.

Not looking to sell it ever. 5.5" is just personal preference.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I like the 5.5" barrel myself. I didn't know about the value thing until I spoke with a friend who is a Colt collector. I had an original artillery model years ago that got stolen. I have a full engraved nickel 4 3/4" now. I've owned a number of SAA's over the years. The first handgun my daughter ever shot was a custom shop SAA 4 3/4" in .357 mag. loaded with light .38 special wadcutters. She hit a gallon water jug 4 times out of 5 with it. She flinched the first shot. There is just something special about the Colt SAA.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    I'm in the market for a 3rd generation Colt Single Action Army. I started a wanted to buy thread.

I can't for the life of me find any sort of price guide or good references on gun broker. Unfortunately Colt doesn't have a "build my gun" type thing like some places do.

The other day I lucked into a great contact. A guy who I thought was a manager at Colts custom shop turned out to be THE manager of Colt's custom shop. If you really are interested in having a custom shop build I will be speaking to him this week anyway and will ask if it is OK to forward his contact info, or ask him who you should contact. No idea on cost other than the obvious (probably a lot more than you want to spend).

PM me if interested so I don't forget.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    The other day I lucked into a great contact. A guy who I thought was a manager at Colts custom shop turned out to be THE manager of Colt's custom shop. If you really are interested in having a custom shop build I will be speaking to him this week anyway and will ask if it is OK to forward his contact info, or ask him who you should contact. No idea on cost other than the obvious (probably a lot more than you want to spend).

PM me if interested so I don't forget.

didnt see this until now. i REALLY appreciate the offer, but i definitely dont have the money for it. one day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom