Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    ive seen 600-1200 apps a week processed per msp numbers

lets assume 1000 a week or 200 a day

on an 8 hour day thats 25 an hour
    but iirc they are working 21 hour days?
    that would be 9-10 an hour

how many people are there?

how ling does it take to process an app?

just curious

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Pretty much boils down to us being pussies. I dont see this schit flying in PA or DE or VA, not even a little bit.

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    Are you kidding me. We have all seen the civilians who work for the state. They are very low skilled workers who couldnt cut it at any fast food joint. If they hire more their production will go down because the seasoned employees will not process as many apps because they have all the new help to process things. Their day just got easier and less of a work load, assuming MSP even hired more people. I am guessing NOT

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Come on just because they are ona shared dial up connection of 56K does not mean they are hitting 56K IIRC 56K really is 52K and spread that across 50-60 processors it could be less than 1K of bandwidth per user. :innocent0

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    It isn't a problem in their eyes.

Your mean it isn't a problem in Owe'Malley's eyes.

The more backlog that is created, the more he can blame it on the gun nutz 'flooding' MSP with purchases and XFRs, then sneak in additional bureaucratic regulations to 'address critical staffing shortages and processing improvements' by the time Oct 1st rolls around. There is SO MUCH left up to MSP in the actual enforcement of TFSA-2013 that I'm sure we've only seen the tip of the iceberg when it comes to delays and other red-tape measures to come.

Remember who signs MSP's paychecks and who's promotions are dependent upon the good will of the governor. If you think that Chicago had Illinois tied up in knots after McDonald, just wait. And Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum (Gansler and Brown) are vying to carry on Owe'Malley's legacy.

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    reading here
    http://legiscan.com/MD/supplement/SB281/id/455/Maryland-2013-SB281-Fiscal_Note-Analysis.pdf

DSP asserts that the Firearms Section has a current shortfall of two troopers and 31 office services clerks.

DSP estimates a total of 85,051 firearms sales in the State in fiscal 2014; 92,798 in fiscal 2015; 100,544 in fiscal 2016; 108,291 in fiscal 2017; and 116,038 in fiscal 2018. DSP also assumes a similar growth rate in sales through fiscal 2023 at an annual growth rate of about 9%. Of the total, the number of sales expected to be handguns is as follows:
     fiscal 2014: 65,980
     fiscal 2015: 71,914
     fiscal 2016: 77,848
     fiscal 2017: 83,781
     fiscal 2018: 89,715

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I went down to the Super Bowl in February, and in order to participate in some of the physical activities like kicking a football, you had to fill out this waiver on the computer. They had about 20-30 computers with an assistant at each one to help you sign up. I honestly could have done it myself in probably 30 seconds tops, but I had to let this woman type in my information for me. She didn't know how to type, didn't know how to use a mouse, and the entire process took 4-5 minutes. I also know many people who use computers 5+ hours a day at their job, and after years and years they can't do anything without looking at the keyboard. I have a feeling that's what's going on at MSP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom