• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    So I decided to pull out the bow after a long hiatus. I learned 2 things today.

1. Need buy more aluminum arrows.

2. Need to spend more time shooting the bow before using the carbon arrows.

The bow I'm using is a Jennings Buckmaster that was my Dad's. After finding out that the bow shoots right. After bending an arrow, I made a sight adjustment and was finally starting to put arrows on top of each other. Still need to make a small sight adjustment, but other wise, every arrow after the first adjustment was on the target.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    I took a 12 year break myself and came back last year. Aluminum was the standard back then and carbon was exotic. I found today's carbons to be reasonably priced, incredibly precise, don't warp, don't bend and are tough as nails. I'm not sure why anyone would use aluminum.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I took a 12 year break myself and came back last year. Aluminum was the standard back then and carbon was exotic. I found today's carbons to be reasonably priced, incredibly precise, don't warp, don't bend and are tough as nails. I'm not sure why anyone would use aluminum.

I knew a guy that's all he would shoot even on his modern bow he said it was about kinetic energy...

for me its not like you need much to pass through a deer...I like target shooting and unless I hit a rock or break the arrow completely a carbon arrow stands up to many shots. I just got accustomed to using carbon and don't prefer going to aluminum....

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    I knew a guy that's all he would shoot even on his modern bow he said it was about kinetic energy...

for me its not like you need much to pass through a deer..
    you got all these horse shit gimmick broadheads out and thats the only way you can get a good pass through with them.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    My wife does, thats what she likes.

Arn't there 7000 grains in a pound and ~ 50 grains in a arrow? Wood or not? That's not a good showing in my book....

Edit: not including the broadhead, of course....

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    My hunting carbons (Kinetic XT 400's) weigh in around 411 gr. and with a standard broadhead pass through easy. 65 ponnd 30" draw.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Arn't there 7000 grains in a pound and ~ 50 grains in a arrow? Wood or not? That's not a good showing in my book....

Edit: not including the broadhead, of course....
    on average 10 grains per inch! easton full metal jacket arrows are 12 gpi and freakin hammers in a tuned bow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom