• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Not to familiar with it but at work we just hung lead back drywall. I peeled off the scrap ,I new better not to throw it out. At a minimum scrap it. Is it good lead for casting? Anyone have any interest in it ? Weight , it’s heavy . If I had to guess I would think it would fill a 5 gallon bucket and then some . Have know idea how much it ways . What value is it worth ? I think there is different purity with lead .its not shiny silver more dark kinda black looking. Make a good weight for trot line. Well comment ( hopefully) I’ll check back . At least I can scrap it . Thanks

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    If it’s the lead lead that stuck to the drywall, that’s called sheet lead. Yes, it can come in all colors from shiny , gray, purple and even almost black. It’s a very soft lead and is perfect for making muzzleloader bullets, and shotgun slugs just the way it is. It can also be used for lower velocity pistol and rifle bullets if powder coated. Glad you saved it!

Markpixs

Apr 23, 2011
    NOVA
    toss that bucket on the bathroom scale, if it's mostly lead (and not drywall residue) easy to get $1 or so/lb depending on how clean

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    It’s pretty clean . Some paper stuck on it. But really no drywall on it . I will get it home tomorrow see what it weights. Thanks guys.touch base tomorrow.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Ok well there is 129 lb what im going to call clean . Then there is 211 lb that I pulled off the back of the scrap drywall. Some not so bad then some has the paper stuck , didn’t really see drywall at all just some brown paper . 340 lb all together.Rather see it turned into 44 or a 50 cal or 58 I would keep and buy some molds but I have enough hobbies and projects piling up that well I will get to one day .weight it on bathroom scale. I’m about done picking it up also .Not fun getting out of building to vehicle.im gonna check scrap prices see what it is going for .not trying to get rich but would like to get something for it. I’m in Aa county close to old North Arundle hospital. Have email I can send pictures, I’m am technically challenged putting pictures on here .

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    I think I did it

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      452.3 KB · Views: 63
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      510.2 KB · Views: 61

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Picture on left is what the paper looks like ,some more some less. It seems to peel off with some effort

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    The paper will burn off. That is soft lead and highly coveted by those who cast for muzzleloaders. Thank you for saving it, somebody will definitely want that.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Any casting shooters can use that. Most of us serious casters measure the hardness and mix various harnesses by weight to get the value we need. Maybe you should post what you would trade for it?

I cast 45 slugs and bullets, 44 round balls, 9mm, 2 30 cal and have three versions of Lee Real molds if anyone want to trade for them. 2 in 50 and one in 45. My new muzzy won't shoot plain lead and needs a sabot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom