• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Looks like a U.S wide constitutional carry is about to happen.
    1657637028508.png

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    New York wont be issuing permits for 7 months.

Multiple emails leaked to AmmoLand News have shown that New York State plans to shut down the permitting process on September 1, 2022.

At least until the Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) and Superintendent of State Police come up with the details of the newly required and likely difficult training regime under CCIA. The estimated date for the training course to be designed and submitted to the State for approval is April 1, 2023!?

The new standard requires two hours of range time.

Their stupidity is only matched by their arrogance.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    They can’t hide behind the 2A two step any more.

There is a new sheriff in town and his name is Clarence

IMG_3126.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kshaw

Nov 21, 2012
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Obviously, these laws are being passed either because the appropriate parties have not read the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association vs. Bruen case or have chosen to ignore it. My question to attorneys here, does the city or state passing these laws now have a duty to review them first under the Text, History, and Tradition criteria before signing off as law? If so, and the state is unable to prove that they have done their due diligence, shouldn't these new laws be treated as Civil Rights violations?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Obviously, these laws are being passed either because the appropriate parties have not read the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association vs. Bruen case or have chosen to ignore it. My question to attorneys here, does the city or state passing these laws now have a duty to review them first under the Text, History, and Tradition criteria before signing off as law? If so, and the state is unable to prove that they have done their due diligence, shouldn't these new laws be treated as Civil Rights violations?
    Just because they "should" doesn't mean they will.

Maryland, California and , yes, New York, readily demonstrate what they think of the COTUS; namely not much, unless they can twist it until child murder, for example, is a "constitutional right."

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    As much as you all hate Hogan, remember that while he may be a bandwagoner, he has not called a special session of the MGA, and thus no state-wide changes can happen until January, so a lot of people will be carrying by the time the MGA meets.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    It’s be great if the lower court issued an injunction to cut this off at the pass and then force the state to appeal it up, then go back to the SCOTUS, hat in hand, ready for the smack down.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    As much as you all hate Hogan, remember that while he may be a bandwagoner, he has not called a special session of the MGA, and thus no state-wide changes can happen until January, so a lot of people will be carrying by the time the MGA meets.
    I believe that 3/5 of the legislature can petition for a special session. For 2A, Hogan hasn’t helped us one bit.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It’s be great if the lower court issued an injunction to cut this off at the pass and then force the state to appeal it up, then go back to the SCOTUS, hat in hand, ready for the smack down.
    I think odds are good the district court will issue a preliminary injunction before the law goes into effect. One was just requested in the last few days on the lawsuit.

If the district court won't (we will know within a few weeks), the appeals court likely will. If not them, then SCOTUS almost certainly will.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    I believe that 3/5 of the legislature can petition for a special session. For 2A, Hogan hasn’t helped us one bit.
    This is Maryland. We should probably be grateful that he hasn't actively sought to hurt us. Helping? That is a fairy tail.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Maryland is deep blue. It's difficult to imaging Hogan acting like the governor of Wyoming would act. Anyone promising to do that does not get elected governor of Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom