• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant
    "The other problem which the Administration and law enforcement are responsible for is the willingness of prohibited persons, those with criminal back-rounds or other prohibiting problems, to attempt to purchase firearms because when they are caught there is seldom any prosecution for having attempted to purchase said firearm. This makes the likelihood that a dealer would sell a firearm to a prohibited person greater since they prohibited persons don’t fear getting caught because the prosecution rate is minimal at best."

I found this interesting. So MSP doesn't prosecute felons who attempt to illegally purchase a firearm, but I'm sure have no problem shutting down an FFL dealer who sells a firearm to a prohibited buyer.

I hope this makes all the anti-gun libs feel safe, knowing that the incompetent MSP and state AG are there to protect you from the bad guys.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    I like the Delegate's passion, but this is pointless.

FFLs that won't release now, won't release just because he asks them to on July 3.

Delegate Smigiel should be putting pressure on MSP to notify the Feds that dealers will be running NICS checks on purchasers from now on.

On new purchases:
    Dealer runs a NICS
    gets a "proceed"
    submits the 77R
    releases on the 8th day unless a "disapproved" response by MSP

On old purchases with 77R's in the backlog:
    Dealer runs a NICS
    gets a "proceed"
    releases the firearm

I purposely did not address the "one gun per month rule". The buyer is stating on his application that they are within the law regarding the time between regulated purchases, or that they are a designated collector. There is no need for the dealer to be able to prove the accuracy of the buyer's claim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom