Large Fire Near Linthicum/Lansdowne Area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA

Gotta' love them news guys...Picture Caption: "Crews from Baltimore County.." The Ladder Truck on the right is an Anne Arundel County unit!!!:innocent0

Later in article they do mention mutual aid companies.

These kind of calls used to be total clusters 'cause nobody had compatible radio systems...post 9/11 money fixed most of that.

They usually still are clusters, they can just talk to each other about them now. :party29:

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Gotta' love them news guys...Picture Caption: "Crews from Baltimore County.." The Ladder Truck on the right is an Anne Arundel County unit!!!:innocent0

These kind of calls used to be total clusters 'cause nobody had compatible radio systems...post 9/11 money fixed most of that.

They usually still are clusters, they can just talk to each other about them now. :party29:

Not surprised AACo pitched in... this was pretty much on the border.

I did have BaltCo units pass me on the Beltway back as far as I-70

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

Wish the National Guard had bought into this.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    That's one thing I'll say is political boundaries pretty much disappear nowadays. Wasn't like that back in the seventies and early 80s. Especially with the city.

I spent some time at Maryland City back in the eighties. In our first due we were the only AACOFD company.... PG; Howard; & Fort Meade. Everybody had different hydrant threads. We carried three adaptors on our hydrant valves. If you lead off, you just kept trying and chucking until you found the one that worked!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    That's one thing I'll say is political boundaries pretty much disappear nowadays. Wasn't like that back in the seventies and early 80s. Especially with the city.

I spent some time at Maryland City back in the eighties. In our first due we were the only AACOFD company.... PG; Howard; & Fort Meade. Everybody had different hydrant threads. We carried three adaptors on our hydrant valves. If you lead off, you just kept trying and chucking until you found the one that worked!!

..and don't forget, we got to ride the back step in those days. :)

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Dieselfool and I were about to pull out on Annapolis Rd. when the first engine flew past(12:10ish). We went by and I noticed a fair amount of smoke coming out of the corner of the warehouse near the dust collector. Being somewhat familiar with the layout of the building... 1) being local VFF many years ago and many calls to that facility for similar incidents... 2) and delivering to that location as a part of my local delivery route in the past. Things must have turned to shit in a hurry... At lunch at the Nursery Rd. Wendy's, I told DF that they should be ok as long it doesn't spread to the warehouse/loading dock area... A nice young lady with phone skills promptly handed me the phone saying..."Well... it's in the warehouse and loading dock." That thing was bloomin'. So we finished eatin' and mosied over to Tyler's and hung out for a while. Lucky for me that the wind was blowing toward the airport...

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Still burning

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      53.6 KB · Views: 353

RAF

MDS Supporter
    Dec 24, 2012
    It was still burning/smoldering about 3:30 this afternoon.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013

It is interesting because we started standardizing hydrants and hoses after the Great Baltimore Fire 1904. The National Fire Protection Association adopted a national standard for fire hydrant and hose connections back then. However, conversion was slow and still remains incomplete. One hundred years after the Baltimore Fire, only 18 of the 48 most populous American cities were reported to have national standard fire hydrants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom