• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Good afternoon. I am looking for a Lab puppy, preferable a English yellow male (with the short snout and blocky head). If you know of anyone who has one available, please point me in his/her direction. We had a great one, but had to put him down at 12 yrs., due to various illnesses.

Thanks.

johnboy

Oct 18, 2022
    Flintstone md
    Good afternoon. I am looking for a Lab puppy, preferable a English yellow male (with the short snout and blocky head). If you know of anyone who has one available, please point me in his/her direction. We had a great one, but had to put him down at 12 yrs., due to various illnesses.

Thanks.

Thanks.
    Sorry for your loss I've had five Labradors over my lifetime great dogs just lost mine 3 years ago she was a yellow lab had Sarah 13 years found chip Fox red labrador great dog hope you find yourself a wonderful dog

Attachments

• 20221110_162230.jpg
      20221110_162230.jpg
      181.9 KB · Views: 71

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Thanks, johnboy. There are many slimeballs out there, listing non-existent puppies. Thought I would try here.
    I have 4 grandkids, under 3 yrs. old. Labs are so great with children.

johnboy

Oct 18, 2022
    Flintstone md
    Thanks, johnboy. There are many slimeballs out there, listing non-existent puppies. Thought I would try here.
    I have 4 grandkids, under 3 yrs. old. Labs are so great with children.
    Yes I all most found that out the hard way I paid 1500 for Chip best lab I have every own he is now 20 months old as you probably no labs are a hand full when young.

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Not what you're asking...but plenty of loving dogs in your local shelter that need a home and may never get one. The fancy bred dogs always get one.

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    Several local lab rescues around here. Google pulls them up quickly by area. I try not to look as can't do a second dog at moment and the rescue pics make me want to get another.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes

Yellow F and Black M $400

Not want you’re looking for but I always go with Puppy personality and IQ over a certain physical characteristic and that little yellow girl looks like she may be the Queen Bee of this litter. From the looks of the paws, she and her bros are going to be pretty fair sized labs.

Last edited:

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county

Thanks.
    Have you tried Rescueme.com?

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Found One!

I found a litter in Central PA. Going up tomorrow to pick one out. Will be weaned and ready to pick up just before Christmas.

Thanks for your suggestions.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Found One!

I found a litter in Central PA. Going up tomorrow to pick one out. Will be weaned and ready to pick up just before Christmas.

I hope it's a decent setup. I found out after the fact that the Amish tend to treat dogs like livestock and that's where many of the puppy mills are. Fortunately our current pup who we also got in central PA up north of Harrisburg - half lab, half golden retriever - was bred from a Mennonite family who bred a couple of litters of puppies annually for extra money. I got to meet both the mother and grandmother dog - didn't get to meet the sire though.

In any case, Echo has been the best danged dog we've ever had. Super sweet, she listens and minds, (well, now she does - she was crazy for about 13 months, and then it was like someone flipped a switch and she became awesome) and I don't know anyone who doesn't think she's awesome. She can still get a bit excited when new people first come to the house, but she calms down pretty quickly.

She's 7.5 now, and it's going to ruin my life when she dies.

8EFB3236-7B0D-4101-8941-17E8FE5FF8BB.jpeg

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    I wouldn't buy one from the Amish - most of them keep their dogs in crates year round...

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I wouldn't buy one from the Amish - most of them keep their dogs in crates year round...
    We got pretty lucky with ours with the Mennonite family. The adult dogs were roaming around, and the puppies were all out in the yard when we got there, with a setup in the barn for them to bed down. Had I known the reputation they have up there for being puppy mills, I may not have chosen to buy Echo, but we lucked up and got a great dog. Here's another shot on her birthday with my son - if you'll notice, the dog on his shirt is also Echo, and the other is her telling me that it's time to eat. :D

98697257-7624-462E-A2A1-903E6A1AF0DE.jpeg
    59662B96-F5B8-4FDA-894F-F242AF278CC4.jpeg

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    with LRCP.org you have to be pre-approved. There are plenty of labs there, but varying backgrounds, temperaments, ages etc. Many have health issues from minor things on up.

2 english type breeders stand out for me.

Crystal Kennels in Winchester

Canvas Back labradors at Andover Meadows.

There are others I’ve followed for years. My last gal came out of English bloodlines that were out of Nancy Love’s kennel in warrenton.

Good luck with your new pup!

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    May want to try here. https://www.caerbren.com/ Ive know breeder for years. Not sure any puppys are around but very reputable.

I have 2 Labs from here. A Yellow and a Chocolate. They're both great examples of the breed. I wouldn't hesitate to get another from them if I was looking. http://www.keystonelabradorretrievers.com/puppy-search-keystonelabs
    nice links!

I forgot about Jackie’s site. Have seen her pups years ago at LCRP open in Frederick.

Keystone is new for me. Great looking pale yellows. I prefer more of a standard yellow to fox red, but nice looking pups either way!

johnboy

Oct 18, 2022
    Flintstone md
    Found One!

Glad you found a puppy good luck with your new family member.

Attachments

• 20210608_191451.jpg
      20210608_191451.jpg
      293.2 KB · Views: 52

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Found One!

Hopefully it's not the Amish up there. They're known for over breeding and not breeding for hips, diseases, etc. Demand to see the parents and pay close attention to the people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom