• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If Psycho wants me to parse out the 17 year old boys' tactics, he can pay me $75 an hour for my experience.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Every man has a "line",
    Some know where that line is before hand,, some not until they face it, or even cross it.
    Apparently KR's line was watching The politicians, police, etc fail to protect the city where 1/2 his family lived.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Every man has a "line",
    Some know where that line is before hand,, some not until they face it, or even cross it.
    Apparently KR's line was watching The politicians, police, etc fail to protect the city where 1/2 his family lived.
    clint-eastwood-magnum-force.gif

Mister F

Aug 16, 2022
    Rockville
    Where were you that night? I don't see you standing with your "Brother's in Arms" at these riots.

Who wanted him punished? You keep saying that but you cannot quote anyone saying that.

Here's a fact, if he had better judgment, he wouldn't have been in this mess.

Mr Rittenhouse acted with restraint and appropriateness in how he defended himself.

But there was no reason whatsoever he needed to be there. But I’m a 45 year old man and my frontal cortex is (I hope) fully formed. His was not.

“I was legally in the right” is a slight simplification different than “I went out into a dangerous environment, voluntarily, when police were already there and I had no personally owned real property to protect; and I was attacked and killed my attackers quite reasonably to protect myself.” Will the lawsuit go anywhere? Probably not. Would I have gone out into Mordor for no good reason and put myself in such a situation ? No.

One phrase comes to mind over and over “discretion is the better part of valor”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    Norman Bates?

To whom is this in reference?
    He is referring to me. Instead of answering what I asked him, he deflected and made the whole thing about himself.

I have completed training classes with a few Air Marshals, and some of them knew him. None of them had ever heard of him having any actual gunfight "experience". As to paying him for his "experience", I have an entire adulthood of military, police and civilian firearms/tactics/infantry skills training, and actual live experience of my own, so I don't perceive that he offers anything of value for which I would pay him.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    He is referring to me. Instead of answering what I asked him, he deflected and made the whole thing about himself.

I have completed training classes with a few Air Marshals, and some of them knew him. None of them had ever heard of him having any actual gunfight "experience". As to paying him for his "experience", I have an entire adulthood of military, police and civilian firearms/tactics/infantry skills training, and actual live experience of my own, so I don't perceive that he offers anything of value for which I would pay him.
    Yeah. You trained with no FAMs ever.
    Where did you do that and what training?
    You know my full name they would know? Because they don't know a blaster229.
    Let's hear you parse down Kyle and his stellar performance.
    Who said I had actual gunfight experience? I never have. Kind of a weird question you would ask of strangers about a stranger.
    You made everything about me by asking about me and I decided not to.

Much to the enjoyment of a whole nation, there have fortunately been no hijackings. Sorry to disappoint you.
    Although the guy I decided not to shoot on the side of I35 South in Texas back in the mid 90s is ok with my decision, and so am I. I know I don't want to kill someone if I don't have to.

BTW, I've asked around, and no one has ever known of you flying an F16.

Last edited:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    BTW you including of Hamlet's soliloquy/monolog is perhaps not what you think it is. It isn't about some noble thing. Hamlet is contemplating whether to put up with the troubles of life or commit suicide in that passage.
    Nope.

Hamlet is trying to decide whether to live a life suffering the ongoing insult of his father's murderer and faithless mother occupying the crown (suffering the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune - the bad crap that happens to you, outside of your control - where suffering it means to continue to live with it), or take up a fight against those that put those events in motion, and quite possibly get killed in the process of ending that insult. It's only a contemplation of suicide in the very indirect sense that he knows the odds are long against him in taking up those arms. That's not the same as weighing whether to tolerate the intolerable or kill himself. And but for a bit of craven poison on a blade, he'd have beat those odds and lived to enjoy the justice that he did in fact still manage to deliver before dying. Not by killing himself, but by way of more of the treachery he presciently worried (in his soliloquy) about happening during his just fight.

His speech marks his concern that he might be paralyzed and fail to act, out of fear of failure in seeking justice, and death - even while acknowledging that death would free him of caring about his father's murder (or anything else, either). It also marks the turning point, where he seeks a third path - neither tolerating the insult, nor directly marching straight into the throne room with a sword to avenge his father. And the rest of the play is him carrying out that crafty third way.

One could argue that our revolutionary founders made the same bargain and gamble. Continue to suffer the slings and arrows of King George's tyranny, or literally put their lives on the line against long odds, opposing those troubles and reckoning with death as a strong possibility, even a near certainty. Many colonists felt the paralysis that Hamlet feared more than death, but enough didn't. And as with Hamlet's cleverness and moments of unlikely fortune as he sought his goal, guys like Washington got it done amid just the misery he knew would happen. But unlike Hamlet, he (and thus we!) managed to avoid a nick from a poison blade on the way to liberty.

I'd actually be surprised if the many debates in advance of the Declaration in 1776 didn't include at least one erudite colonist quoting Hamlet to another over an ale along the way.

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    Yeah. You trained with no FAMs ever lol
    Where did you do that and what training?
    You know my full name they would know? Because they don't know a blaster229.
    Let's hear you parse down Kyle and his stellar performance.

You made everything about me by asking about me and I decided not to.

Much to the enjoyment of a whole nation, there have fortunately been no hijackings. Sorry to disappoint you.
    Although the guy I decided not to shoot on the side of I35 South in Texas back in the mid 90s is ok with my decision, and so am I. I know I don't want to kill someone if I don't have to.

But tell us about all your cqb combat kills. Oh wait, you have no knife kills?
    You're lacking.
    Tell us how you lobbed rounds 300 yards away at an adversary in the "sandbox". That's not training and that's not gunfight experience.

Why haven't you helped any member here with your wealth of combat pistol experience and knowledge of shooting? Seems a waste of some fine training you've had.

Go troll elsewhere, novice.
    Well that was a really professional response. You are correct, I am a novice at trolling. It is blatantly obvious who has the superior trolling experience in our little exchange, and it is definitely not me. You win! Feel better now?

No logical, reasoned discussion from you, just the typical response of someone who cannot be questioned without it provoking a defensive reaction that responds with insinuation, accusation, insults, name calling, etc.

There are plenty of people on this forum with as much or more training and experience than you, yet none of them are constantly proclaiming their expertise, and then responding with bluster, bravado, and name-calling when anyone posts any opinion contrary to theirs. You don't come across as a professional trainer with your responses, you come across as a bully who is going to throw a fit if anyone dares to question you or to have a different opinion than whatever you post.

I have trained plenty of people, both in the US and overseas, and I have never felt any urge to respond with insults or name calling just because I was questioned or because anyone else had a different opinion than me. I don't feel threatened by questions or contrary opinions, I see the discussion of those questions and opinions as a good learning experience for students, forum readers, and for me.

Entertaining as it may be to some of the readers here, the exchange you and I have had on this Kyle Rittenhouse topic has not provided anything of value to anyone reading this thread, unless you find some comfort in responding to me with your jibes just because I dared to offer a different opinion than yours, and pointed out that you are not the only person here with any training or experience. I'm not going to waste any more of Norton's bandwidth trying to have a discussion with someone who responds like you do instead of being part of an adult conversation. If your ego requires it, you are welcome to have the last word and harangue me to your heart's content, or you can report our entire exchange and ask for it all to be deleted by a moderator. I hope you feel happy and satisfied with the outcome either way.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Well that was a really professional response. You are correct, I am a novice at trolling. It is blatantly obvious who has the superior trolling experience in our little exchange, and it is definitely not me. You win! Feel better now?

No logical, reasoned discussion from you, just the typical response of someone who cannot be questioned without it provoking a defensive reaction that responds with insinuation, accusation, insults, name calling, etc.

There are plenty of people on this forum with as much or more training and experience than you, yet none of them are constantly proclaiming their expertise, and then responding with bluster, bravado, and name-calling when anyone posts any opinion contrary to theirs. You don't come across as a professional trainer with your responses, you come across as a bully who is going to throw a fit if anyone dares to question you or to have a different opinion than whatever you post.

I have trained plenty of people, both in the US and overseas, and I have never felt any urge to respond with insults or name calling just because I was questioned or because anyone else had a different opinion than me. I don't feel threatened by questions or contrary opinions, I see the discussion of those questions and opinions as a good learning experience for students, forum readers, and for me.

Entertaining as it may be to some of the readers here, the exchange you and I have had on this Kyle Rittenhouse topic has not provided anything of value to anyone reading this thread, unless you find some comfort in responding to me with your jibes just because I dared to offer a different opinion than yours, and pointed out that you are not the only person here with any training or experience. I'm not going to waste any more of Norton's bandwidth trying to have a discussion with someone who responds like you do instead of being part of an adult conversation. If your ego requires it, you are welcome to have the last word and harangue me to your heart's content, or you can report our entire exchange and ask for it all to be deleted by a moderator. I hope you feel happy and satisfied with the outcome either way.
    So you don't know the FAMs you trained with who know me?
    You took training from them or you did some training along with them or you trained FAMs?
    You asked them if they knew blaster 229? "Do you know a FAM on a gun forum?" You asked that and they said yes?
    That's really strange.

Oh, and I don't have a training business nor do I charge anything when I go meet people at the range.
    $75 and hour was sarcasm.

Last edited:

CurlyDave

May 29, 2015
    Oregon
    Every man has a "line",
    If we get back to the lawsuit, I think the basic premise is that Kyle and the Police conspired to allow armed "protectors" to tamp down the rioting.

Well, the potential counterclaim is that politicians and Antifa conspired to allow the rioting and, as it turned out in real life, this conspiracy was much more real than the conspiracy Huber's estate is claiming and hurt Kyle. How they rioted for days on end without having National Guard troops 20 deep on every street corner without politicians approving the rioting is a question that needs to be asked.

So Kyle might have a counterclaim against the government, which has a lot more money than the estate suing him.

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    So you don't know the FAMs you trained with who know me?
    You took training from them or you did some training along with them or you trained FAMs?
    You asked them if they knew blaster 229? "Do you know a FAM on a gun forum?" You asked that and they said yes?
    That's really strange.

Oh, and I don't have a training business nor do I charge anything when I go meet people at the range.
    $75 and hour was sarcasm.
    Check your PMs.

OMD6dawg

Mr Rittenhouse acted with restraint and appropriateness in how he defended himself.

But there was no reason whatsoever he needed to be there. But I’m a 45 year old man and my frontal cortex is (I hope) fully formed. His was not.

“I was legally in the right” is a slight simplification different than “I went out into a dangerous environment, voluntarily, when police were already there and I had no personally owned real property to protect; and I was attacked and killed my attackers quite reasonably to protect myself.” Will the lawsuit go anywhere? Probably not. Would I have gone out into Mordor for no good reason and put myself in such a situation ? No.

One phrase comes to mind over and over “discretion is the better part of valor”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not only do you have discretion, but common sense and discernment.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    Only thing I'd like to point out is that was not his neighborhood, or even his town. He lived in Illinois about 15-20 miles away. That would be like me driving downtown to Baltimore to help out with the riots there. I've been to Baltimore. It isn't my hometown (Kenosha wasn't Kyle's hometown or place of residence either). It isn't all that close. close to 20 miles from me.

So, this was not happening in "his town". I'd still think he was making some bad decisions even if it was HIS town at 17. But it wasn't his town. And it especially wasn't his neighborhood with his neighbors he was trying to defend. So yes, for all of those reasons, it emphasizes to me why he was dumb and the people involved in the parental guidance were dumb.

I forget who replied earlier, yes, I am aware his Mom dropped him off to clean up graffiti. But unless I've missed something, nothing came out at trial that she was going to pick him up a few hours later and he skipped the pickup and also smuggled a rifle in a bag with him or had a friend bring him a rifle so he could play armed medic that night. Or even that he was going to get a ride him in a few hours and lied to his mom. She knew, roughly, that he was putting himself in a fair amount of danger in a town that has had serious riots with threats of MORE riots. Nothing came out that she was hounding him all evening on where he was, why wasn't he home, etc. So yes, his mother made some pretty negligent and stupid decisions in this case.
    Well his dad and other family lived there so he was there alot. He worked there and had friends thier.

But Ukraine isnt our country by that logic so %99 of us havent been there. We dont work there or have family there so we have no business protecting it from Russia. So F it like Kenosha not our problem right?

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Some friends you can call on for help in a time of need, and some you cannot. How you treat the two groups is up to you.

Personally, someone who wouldn't "put themselves out there" so-to-speak if I were in a crunch is someone I'm probably not going to develop a strong relationship with. The people who show up to help without being asked are the people you want in your life. KR is that kind of a person. "Playing it smart" will certainly make your life easier, but it isn't always the correct answer.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Same Jurist community that found Rittenhouse not guilty of murder ... is the same community that will hear this lawsuit ... Why would the result be any different ?
    Criminal and Civil charges/damages have much different tolerances.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Well his dad and other family lived there so he was there alot. He worked there and had friends thier.

But Ukraine isnt our country by that logic so %99 of us havent been there. We dont work there or have family there so we have no business protecting it from Russia. So F it like Kenosha not our problem right?
    I mean if you really want to go with that comparison. We ain’t there. We are on the sidelines sending things to help them. Kyle could have sent a care package and advice instead. That would be the equivalent to our participation with Ukraine.

Kyle rolling in would be the equivalent to us sending a battalion of JROTC to Bahkmut to help support Ukraine.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    I mean if you really want to go with that comparison. We ain’t there. We are on the sidelines sending things to help them. Kyle could have sent a care package and advice instead. That would be the equivalent to our participation with Ukraine.

Kyle rolling in would be the equivalent to us sending a battalion of JROTC to Bahkmut to help support Ukraine.
    I would liken all the weapons to us going in there. We are arming just different people and no matter how you slice it we own that war.

Doesnt change that that was his town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom