• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    In a sane, just world, his actions would not have led to the reactions they received. This is not to say he wouldn't have to deal with having taken life, but he would have been spared the additional trauma brought on by those who are working behind the scenes to destroy our society.

Recalling that old chestnut "All that is necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing," would anyone forced into a similar action have refrained from action?

Would that help give us the world we want?

In retrospect, what would things look like if the isolationists had prevailed in 1940, and we allowed England to fall? What will happen, going forward, if there is no resistance to the current push to destabilise society?

The legions of jackbooted thugs are always waiting for the opportunity to force their way into power. Freedom is always one generation away from extinction.
    We should all remember this.

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    Well, he successfully defended nothing and almost died doing it. And grown men looking up to him for it. Rioters that night weren't looking to force their way into power.

Where were 100's of "Good men"? I guess he was the only good Patriot available that night.
    Sounds like some jealousy or hurt feelings going on here. Please tell us exactly how you would have done better than Kyle with all of your training if it happened to your friends and neighbors in your town. Or would you make "better decisions" than Kyle and not put yourself at any risk to help anyone else on your own turf, despite the possibility that you might be the best trained person out there?

"He successfully defended nothing."

Kyle successfully defended himself. His life is not "nothing". Do you think the lives of the criminals who tried to kill him are worth more than his?

"And grown men looking up to him for it."

I know quite a few combat veterans, highly trained "grown men" who have been in multiple deployments, multiple gunfights, who have complimented Kyle's actions, and none of them have had any issue after the fact about why Kyle was there or what level of training he did or did not have. Most "grown men" I know don't bad-mouth other peoples' successes, especially after the fact online when they were not involved in the actual incident.

The rioters that night weren't looking to force their way into power, they were just a tool that the Left uses to help force its way into power. That fact does not even matter to Kyle's situation. What matters to Kyle's situation was the fact that the rioters were using violence, and specific individual rioters were using violence directly against Kyle, with the intent of causing death or great bodily harm to Kyle.

"Where were the hundreds of good men?"

Good question. Were the police doing anything to clean antifa graffiti, provide medical aid in the middle of a riot, or stop the violence? No. Were you there? No. Were any of us there? No. Obviously that answer might be different if this had happened on our turf instead of half a continent away, but I don't see how we have the privilege of questioning Kyle's actions when none of us was presented with the same situation, so none of us had to make those decisions for ourselves. How many of the people here bad-mouthing Kyle for his alleged poor decisions or lack of training would have actually stepped up if antifa did the same thing in our own towns?

I don't understand why so many, especially many who claim to have a high level of "training", are so quick to judge Kyle for an alleged lack of judgement or lack of training. Are they jealous that they weren't there to handle that situation with all their "training"? Are these "highly trained' commentators jealous that an "untrained young man" managed to handle that situation and defend his own life in the best tactical and legal manner possible? Are these vocal 2A and individual liberty proponents somehow threatened by the fact that a young man actually embodied the actual application of those 2A and individual liberty freedoms that they can only pontificate about online?

So many seem to take offense to the fact that the jury decided that Kyle had the legal right to be where he was, had the legal right to carry the firearm, and had the legal right to defend his own life with it. Those whose feelings are somehow hurt by this are still lashing out at Kyle over inapplicable minutiae bullsh*t to this day. Kyle managed to do the right things from start to finish, and the jury agreed. Get over the fact the a 17 year old succeeded in a situation that most of us will likely never be in, for which most of us will never get to apply our training and skills, and in which none of us could have done better than Kyle, despite the fact that many of us are better trained, and some of us do have combat/gunfight experience.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Sounds like some jealousy or hurt feelings going on here. Please tell us exactly how you would have done better than Kyle with all of your training if it happened to your friends and neighbors in your town. Or would you make "better decisions" than Kyle and not put yourself at any risk to help anyone else on your own turf, despite the possibility that you might be the best trained person out there?

"He successfully defended nothing."

Kyle successfully defended himself. His life is not "nothing". Do you think the lives of the criminals who tried to kill him are worth more than his?

"And grown men looking up to him for it."

I know quite a few combat veterans, highly trained "grown men" who have been in multiple deployments, multiple gunfights, who have complimented Kyle's actions, and none of them have had any issue after the fact about why Kyle was there or what level of training he did or did not have. Most "grown men" I know don't bad-mouth other peoples' successes, especially after the fact online when they were not involved in the actual incident.

The rioters that night weren't looking to force their way into power, they were just a tool that the Left uses to help force its way into power. That fact does not even matter to Kyle's situation. What matters to Kyle's situation was the fact that the rioters were using violence, and specific individual rioters were using violence directly against Kyle, with the intent of causing death or great bodily harm to Kyle.

"Where were the hundreds of good men?"

Good question. Were the police doing anything to clean antifa graffiti, provide medical aid in the middle of a riot, or stop the violence? No. Were you there? No. Were any of us there? No. Obviously that answer might be different if this had happened on our turf instead of half a continent away, but I don't see how we have the privilege of questioning Kyle's actions when none of us was presented with the same situation, so none of us had to make those decisions for ourselves. How many of the people here bad-mouthing Kyle for his alleged poor decisions or lack of training would have actually stepped up if antifa did the same thing in our own towns?

I don't understand why so many, especially many who claim to have a high level of "training", are so quick to judge Kyle for an alleged lack of judgement or lack of training. Are they jealous that they weren't there to handle that situation with all their "training"? Are these "highly trained' commentators jealous that an "untrained young man" managed to handle that situation and defend his own life in the best tactical and legal manner possible? Are these vocal 2A and individual liberty proponents somehow threatened by the fact that a young man actually embodied the actual application of those 2A and individual liberty freedoms that they can only pontificate about online?

So many seem to take offense to the fact that the jury decided that Kyle had the legal right to be where he was, had the legal right to carry the firearm, and had the legal right to defend his own life with it. Those whose feelings are somehow hurt by this are still lashing out at Kyle over inapplicable minutiae bullsh*t to this day. Kyle managed to do the right things from start to finish, and the jury agreed. Get over the fact the a 17 year old succeeded in a situation that most of us will likely never be in, for which most of us will never get to apply our training and skills, and in which none of us could have done better than Kyle, despite the fact that many of us are better trained, and some of us do have combat/gunfight experience.
    You totally miss the point and I doubt I could ever convince you to see it.

No one is jealous. No one is disagreeing with the outcome of the trial. No one has hurt feelings. Show us any evidence of hurt feelings. No one is denying that Kyle Rittenhouse did not act appropriately to defend himself. All we are saying is, he put himself into that situation. Needlessly. So he killed a couple of pieces of shit. He didn't do it for the betterment of mankind. He did it because he most likely would have died or suffered serious injury had he not killed them. He put himself in harm's way. He was compelled to do so, nobly, but foolishly.

Legal right? The jury agreed. No one disputes this so please, stop saying [we] do.

Last edited:

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    Kyle put himself into that situation, but he did nothing wrong with that decision. It was his decision to make, regardless of the fact that he very likely had no idea how events that night would turn out. I am not disputing that Kyle made that decision. I am saying it was his decision to make, and we have already heard every Monday-morning-quarterback opinion to the contrary. Our opinion of Kyle's decisions, whether contrary or supportive, make no difference, yet some folks are still making what seem to be derogatory comments about it even this long after the not guilty verdicts. I don't understand why some are so displeased about the whole thing that they still feel the need to post something derogatory about Kyle's decisions leading up to that incident, or denigrating Kyle's actions during the incident. You would think that supposed 2A supporters would not be so hasty to find some way to backstab a young man who actually successfully exercised the rights that those supporters talk about and support.

I am not saying everyone, but some definitely do.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    *****The above. Rittenhouse, in hindsight, should not have been where he was that evening as the situation really got out of hand, and it became an absolute shit show.

The above being said - that 17 year old kid showed more maturity under pressure, once things really got out of hand, then I think most people give him credit for. He didn't just start spraying bullets down at the crowd, even as he was literally running for his life, and he defended himself against those that had attacked him, and who clearly wanted to hurt him/kill him.

We send kids not much older than him, with some training, to fight for us in foreign lands, under the command of people with much more training and presumably better judgement than a 17 year old kid might presumably have.

He should *not* have been there, but once he found himself in a terrible situation, I think he showed maturity and restraint well beyond his years.

He made mistakes, but we need more people in this country like Rittenhouse - who at least was trying to help people and defend businesses in the area from the Antifa folks who just wanted to loot, and burn things down, while the ROE of official law enforcement was somewhat hamstrung from just squashing a situation like this before it got out of hand - as it clearly did.

It was guys like Rittenhouse, several hundred years back, who stood up and helped fight for the freedom of our nation as well as help set the foundation of the rule of law(s) the rest of our society enjoys along with the freedoms we have now.

I'd rather see more guys like him than lawless Antifa types who seemingly just want to see the world burn.

View attachment 399724 View attachment 399725 View attachment 399726
    Effn Bingo, brother.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Kyle put himself into that situation, but he did nothing wrong with that decision. It was his decision to make, regardless of the fact that he very likely had no idea how events that night would turn out. I am not disputing that Kyle made that decision. I am saying it was his decision to make, and we have already heard every Monday-morning-quarterback opinion to the contrary. Our opinion of Kyle's decisions, whether contrary or supportive, make no difference, yet some folks are still making what seem to be derogatory comments about it even this long after the not guilty verdicts. I don't understand why some are so displeased about the whole thing that they still feel the need to post something derogatory about Kyle's decisions leading up to that incident, or denigrating Kyle's actions during the incident. You would think that supposed 2A supporters would not be so hasty to find some way to backstab a young man who actually successfully exercised the rights that those supporters talk about and support.
    The critics would have stayed home if they were in his shoes.

The critics hoped for a conviction.

Look at the old thread about Kyle. No matter the facts, people wanted him to be punished. Same ones.

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    In a nutshell, I disagree with the idea that "Kyle shouldn't have been there". It was his decision to make, and he did not make it with the idea that his night might end with him having to defend himself with a firearm.

I'm still waiting for this questioning of Kyle's decision making to be applied to the antifa rioters. I don't hear anyone proclaiming that the antifa criminals shouldn't have been there. It seems to me that those who question Kyle's judgement and actions, while not applying the same standards to his criminal attackers, are making the Left's talking points for them. Regardless of the not guilty verdicts, the Left would still like the public to believe that somehow Kyle was "wrong". It does us no good when some who are supposedly on "our side" make commentary that supports the left's narrative about Kyle and his actions.

Disparaging the good guys while ignoring the behavior of criminals is what leftists/communists do. It is not what I expect from those who supposedly support Constitutional rights and the exercise of those rights. It is disappointing to me to see this from some members of our own 2A community. Maybe my faith is misplaced.

Last edited:

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    He put himself in harm's way. He was compelled to do so, nobly, but foolishly.
    I prefer to think of it as being selfless or deliberately putting himself in harms way to protect the lives and property of his fellow man.

I‘ve had the honor any privilege to meet a dozen or so Congressional Medal of Honor Recipients. No one trained them to risk their lives over and over. They did not take calculated risks or weigh the consequence. Many disobeyed direct orders, repeatedly. They were doing the only thing their conscience would allow them to do.

KR’s use of a rifle to defend himself was NOT MoH material. That was simply self defense.

What he did before that was the opposite of selfish and I think he deserves more respect for that than to be label a fool.

Sirex