• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Conundrum

Oct 19, 2007
    WV
    Has anyone seen any of these yet? A couple places near me in WV are starting to show them online as "in stock."

I looks like they are trying to get in the market against the Sig 365, HKVP9SK, etc.

Thoughts?

Kimber R7 Mako

Kimber R7 Mako at Rural King

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Gun shop I go to in Western PA had a couple of them in the case. If I didn’t already have a Kimber Solo and EVO I might be interested.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I have one and really love it. My only issue is trying to get magazines for it... I have been all over VA and even had them on order through Big Dogs (VA) for almost 3 months, but they can't seem to get them.

Regarding magazines, I even went to a big tent event at Green Top in Richmond several months ago and Kimber had a table there. I was hoping they had some magazines for sale, but they didn't. One of the reps said, "You can just order them" and then I told him I lived in the People's Republic of Maryland. They guy shook his head sadly, then pulled a 13rd mag out his demo Mako and just gave it to me! Now THAT is great customer service!

BTW, I also currently own a Kimber Solo with Crimson Trace (that runs flawlessly even on 115gr ammo), a Micro 9, and a Micro 380, and have previously owned five other Kimbers (9mm, .40 and .45). Never had any issues with any of them. Additionally, I have most of the other popular micro 9s so the Mako is just one of the guns in my rotation until I can decide which ones I really want to carry.

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    Thread revive. Mrs. Biermkr just won one from WV Ducks unlimited.
    As soon as she (we) get it transferred, she (me) will let you know how it functions. So glad we moved here.

Conundrum

Oct 19, 2007
    WV
    Thread revive. Mrs. Biermkr just won one from WV Ducks unlimited.
    As soon as she (we) get it transferred, she (me) will let you know how it functions. So glad we moved here.
    Any update?

BTW, I'm glad I moved to WV as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom