• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rossiski

Dec 28, 2019
    Carroll County
    My 8 year old son is interested in getting into archery after watching me shoot the past couple weeks Are there any camps or places I can take him close to Carroll county to have him try it before committing to buying any equipment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    My 8 year old son is interested in getting into archery after watching me shoot the past couple weeks Are there any camps or places I can take him close to Carroll county to have him try it before committing to buying any equipment?

Try your local 4H clubs. My kids went and love it. There is actually a state tournament in Westminster every year. I recall that in 2019 Carroll county had a fairly large group of kids.

https://mbasic.facebook.com/Cc4hhotshots/

DanJo

Mar 4, 2010
    Western Howard County
    Howard County 4-H has a Bullseye club which has archery, rifle, and shotgun for youth up to 18 years of age. They hold monthly meetings at the Howard County Fairgrounds. Archery practice is at the Heart of Maryland Bowhunters in Sykesville, and rifle and shotgun practice is at AGC in Marriottsville.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

How far are you from Tuscarora Archers in Frederick? My 9-yr old has started there and is using their equipment for now. For the next few months, they're doing once a month lessons for two hours. The next one is Friday night, August 20 starting at 7pm. The kids shoot indoors. We've done only one lesson so far, but it was great. So many instructors as well as members of their youth team (mostly mid to late teens) that helped with the new students.

You'll have to write their club President (he organizes the classes) in case you're interested ...

https://marylandsports.us/venue/tuscarora-archers

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

Attachments

• 15FC7AD2-6E50-4DE3-8FB2-EB4B63A54222.jpg
      15FC7AD2-6E50-4DE3-8FB2-EB4B63A54222.jpg
      79.1 KB · Views: 189

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Update from IWLA WAC (Damascus Chapter):

Fellow Ike's,

The next session of the USAA Level 1 Archery Classes of the 2021 WAC Youth and Adult Archery Program are being offered in three classes to be held on Saturday mornings: September 4, September 11 and September 18 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on the club's Field Archery Range (located on the right just after you enter the club driveway). All equipment will be provided for students to use during class sessions. This includes a traditional or compound bow, arrows, an arm guard and finger tab. Students are welcome to bring their own personal equipment but such equipment must be inspected and approved for use by an instructor. The fee is $25.00 per participant for all three classes. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and is only by mail. Please note that a new policy change requires that WAC Chapter members be registered first and, thereafter, non-members will be registered according to availability.

To register, please contact: John Porter at porter253@aol.com as soon as possible. John will email you the Registration Form and the Waiver and Release Form for you to complete and mail back to him with your check payable to “Wildlife Achievement Chapter” in the amount of $25.00 per participant. As forms and payment are received, you will be notified by email to confirm that you are either registered in the session or are on a waiting list. Any checks received after the class is filled will be promptly returned to the sender. Please note that your registration is not confirmed until the required forms and check have been received, so do not delay as the class enrollment is very limited.

In accordance with our Club’s ever changing Covid-19 safety regulations, face masks may be required so all participants and spectators should bring a mask to every class. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND ANY ARCHERY CLASS IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING COVID-19 SYMPTOMS: headaches, fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting and diarrhea. Just contact John Porter at porter253@aol.com and you will be afforded an opportunity to make up any archery class that you miss.
    --

RichardTerp95

Jun 1, 2021
    Not sure if they are still around but Mayberry Archers was off of Rt 140 a bit west of Westminster. You might be able to find some contact information through the Maryland Archery Association.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    There is a bit, you got to click that Contact US email link

https://mayberryarchers.org/beginners-classes

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Mayberryarchers

Nancy Mott at the bottom runs the beginners classes as posted on the facebook and her phone number is there.
    Welcome to Mayberry Archers!
    http://mayberryarchers.org/
    We are a family-oriented Archery club that promotes archery as a sport.
    • Archery Classes for Beginners
    • Field Archery
    • Indoor Archery
    • 3-D Archery
    STREET ADDRESS:
    2555 Mayberry Road
    Westminster, Maryland 21158
    MAIL ADDRESS:
    P.O. Box 2183 Westminster, Maryland 21158
    The Benefits of Joining
    Mayberry Archery Club:
    • Provide camaraderie & fellowship in the sport of Archery.
    • Support of the club with advice & experience of fellow archer’s.
    • Advantage outdoor 28 target range and a 3D 30 target range.
    • Equipment to fix or tune your bow & information on quality new or used equipment.
    • One of the few in the state of Maryland with the advantage of a heated indoor range with 24/7 access with key card.
    • Family orientated club with a safety & fun atmosphere.
    • Recognizes the issues that threaten the future to bare arms.
    • Competitive shoots with other archers focused on the sport.
    • Ability to join MAA & NFAA/NAA to shoot competitively state and nationally.
    CLUB OFFICERS &
    CONTACT INFORMATION:
    MAYBERRY ARCHERS OFFICERS:
    PRESIDENT:
    Vicki Clem: 410-218-8622
    Vclem@comcast.net
    VICE PRESIDENT:
    Sandy Rowe: 410-775-7013
    sandyr@mayberryarchers.org
    RECORDING SECRETARY:
    Vicki Leimbach: 443-547-8342
    Vickilembach1@gmail.com