• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    i am looking to buy a kestrel. i am leaning towards at the 5700 over the elite due to price. is the elite worth the extra $300?

i use shooter and have used strelok. so i am familiar with ballistic apps. is there a big difference between the two meters?

the range card is the only thing i think i would want that the elite has and the standard doesnt. any help would be great.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Short version: buy elite now.

Longer version: buy elite now because it's easier to do that than learn the standard 5700 and then upgrade it to the elite via a download later.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Agree with above. Personally being able to pre-save multiple targets plus having memory for I think 20 different rifles or loads is pretty valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Agree with above. Personally being able to pre-save multiple targets plus having memory for I think 20 different rifles or loads is pretty valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Three in standard 5700. I think it's like 30 in the elite. And you can also build even more in the Link function on a computer if you so choose.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Three in standard 5700. I think it's like 30 in the elite. And you can also build even more in the Link function on a computer if you so choose.

I geeked out on the thing when I first got it, and I probably am still missing out on 1/3 of the features. I’m an old school Chiton Manual kind of learner, but there are probably some good YouTube videos that I should find and watch.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I geeked out on the thing when I first got it, and I probably am still missing out on 1/3 of the features. I’m an old school Chiton Manual kind of learner, but there are probably some good YouTube videos that I should find and watch.
    You should take Jeremy's kestrel class when it comes around. I've assisted him a few times but I don't really use link or the computer/tablet features of the device. And jeremy is a tech head in daily life as well. He lives by the kestrel. Every shot. All the time. He was pro staff for NK when they were developing the thing, IIRC, and shoots for Jon Addis (area 419).

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    i am looking to buy a kestrel. i am leaning towards at the 5700 over the elite due to price. is the elite worth the extra $300?

i use shooter and have used strelok. so i am familiar with ballistic apps. is there a big difference between the two meters?

the range card is the only thing i think i would want that the elite has and the standard doesnt. any help would be great.

I just grabbed one because of all these idiots :innocent0

I found a new one from snipershide for $675 shipped.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    You should take Jeremy's kestrel class when it comes around. I've assisted him a few times but I don't really use link or the computer/tablet features of the device. And jeremy is a tech head in daily life as well. He lives by the kestrel. Every shot. All the time. He was pro staff for NK when they were developing the thing, IIRC, and shoots for Jon Addis (area 419).

Who is Jeremy and how do I sign up for his class?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom