• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowieite

Sep 22, 2013
    Undisclosed Location
    Hey Everybody,
    The Kent Island High School Clay Target Team is about to begin it's second season, and we have a fundraiser going to support the team. We were the first and only public school team in the League last year and we finished 2nd at the State Tournament! The QACPS BOE has approved another team in the County at the other HS. And I'm working on getting a Team next year in a neighboring county school. So, we are expanding shooting sports in the State of Maryland. Please help spreed the word, and provide support if you can.

Last edited:

Bowieite

Sep 22, 2013
    Undisclosed Location
    I saw the info about the new team at the other school in QA
    Yeah, last year's KIHS Team was made up from students from both schools, and was limited to 10 students. We had 6 from KIHS and 4 from QA. This year we asked to BOE to allow each school to have their own Team, and they agreed. They also allowed us to expand to 20 students at each school. Next year we want the limited removed and hope to field at least 30 students.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I tried to talk my daughter into trying it out but it was a no-go. Not like she has time for anything else anyway. I will take her to shoot some trap and see how she does and go from there.

Bowieite

Sep 22, 2013
    Undisclosed Location
    I tried to talk my daughter into trying it out but it was a no-go. Not like she has time for anything else anyway. I will take her to shoot some trap and see how she does and go from there.
    Same goes for my daughter. The plan was for her to join this year, but she wants to shoot some on her own to see if she likes it. Maybe next year. Follow us on Facebook if you can. We will have a Fun Week at the end of the Season that the public can attend to see the team in action and she can shoot a round with a team member.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom