• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I had a big store credit at GC in Wh Marsh. Getting an Aimpoint Pro for $435 helped use it.

The question is, since I don't have much time to shoot, should I sell it and put the $ toward ammo or a CC-sized 9? I already have a Bushnell TRS-25 sight.

Thoughts?

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Can't help ya as I don't shoot much ... But I would like to get a PRO. If you sell let me know. Or I got ammo to trade, too.

Howe

Howe
    Apr 27, 2010
    exMD
    What do you shoot the most? Spend money on something you will actually use is my vote.

I talk my buddy into buying a Aimpoint T1, then it sits in the safe all the time collecting dust, because we shot pistol most the time, rarely touch the rifles. He kept on going backwards thinking he could pick up a 9mm for the money spend.

Bushnell is an ok dot, may not be as abuseable as the aimpoint but it will do the job.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Are you going to be carrying your 9mm? 'cause I'm not seeing a lot of difference between a PRO in the safe and a Glock in the safe, if you catch my drift.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Are you going to be carrying your 9mm? 'cause I'm not seeing a lot of difference between a PRO in the safe and a Glock in the safe, if you catch my drift.

The idea is that I would practice more with a 9 and need something smaller than the SP2022 for when we make more progess in MD with 2A, and CCW is an option. I really wish the M&P Shield 9 were more available.

I did just get 1000 rounds from Glen's for future use after the tasks following the lower-receiver group buy are completed.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I have a PRO as well on my AR. Now while I only use my rifle once a month on average, I don't feel it was a waste. It's nice to have one rock solid optic in case a real need ever arises. I think it's a great optic for occasional use too because of it's crazy battery life. Now would I put an Aimpoint on all my guns? No, not unless I came into some money.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The idea is that I would practice more with a 9 and need something smaller than the SP2022 for when we make more progess in MD with 2A, and CCW is an option. I really wish the M&P Shield 9 were more available.
    Personal opinion: keep on shooting your SP2022 and keep the PRO. Save your money and buy the CC pistol of your choice when we finally see permanent judicial or legislative relief on the CC front. The SP2022 will do fine for practice in the meantime... the fundamentals don't change from gun to gun.

I have not quite yet becomes an optics snob, but I do think you'll find something to use that PRO on, one way or the other.

Gundahar

Sep 4, 2011
    I vote keep. You have a quality optic, you don't have much time. Selling the optic will net you some cash, but not much in the grand scheme of things. And when you do wind up with more time to actually go shooting, you may find yourself just having to re-purchase an optic all over again.

Gundahar

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Or sell the PRO to fund your AR-15 build if you still need AR parts. I'd rather have an AR-15 with irons instead of a PRO and no AR-15. Just ask yourself if you really want the PRO or something else? Go with your gut.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    You can ways find a use for a good optic, but if you sell it to buy something a different gun you might not be able to afford a good optic later. ;)

Esquire

Sep 13, 2012
    I say sell it and get something you want and will use now. You can always repurchase sometime later if you want it back.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I say sell it and get something you want and will use now...

That is how it worked out.

After reading earlier advice, I had initially decided to sit on it until after the AR build.

Yesterday, a slightly used M&P Shield 9 was mentioned here. After some horse trading, I gave up the Aimpoint Pro and some $ and got the Shield and 2 items.

I did paperwork today for the transfer.

Thanks to all for advice.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Dialtone

"Assimilate THIS...."
    Mar 5, 2012
    PG County
    I vote keep. You have a quality optic, you don't have much time. Selling the optic will net you some cash, but not much in the grand scheme of things. And when you do wind up with more time to actually go shooting, you may find yourself just having to re-purchase an optic all over again.

Gundahar

This^:D

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    That is how it worked out.

After reading earlier advice, I had initially decided to sit on it until after the AR build.

Yesterday, a slightly used M&P Shield 9 was mentioned here. After some horse trading, I gave up the Aimpoint Pro and some $ and got the Shield and 2 items.

I did paperwork today for the transfer.

Thanks to all for advice.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

That's a win win as long as you didnt blop out to much coin.

I'd rather have an extra gun then an optic honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom