• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • [Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    That might be applicable to religious Jews but Jews that keep secular like myself are no more cohesive than any other group. I think a lot of the hate just comes from ignorance, I’ve had someone ask me if Jews believe in Jesus. Truth be told the difference between Jews and Christians is quite small.
    Culture and identity are being erased across the board in all groups. I guarantee most secular Jews are first or second generation and the bonds their grandparents made still have strong effects. Like a fraternity.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Culture and identity are being erased across the board in all groups. I guarantee most secular Jews are first or second generation and the bonds their grandparents made still have strong effects. Like a fraternity.
    That might be applicable to wealthier Jews but I know plenty of Greeks, etc. where money sticks with money. I can tell you growing up middle class that’s not applicable to me.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    That might be applicable to wealthier Jews but I know plenty of Greeks, etc. where money sticks with money. I can tell you growing up middle class that’s not applicable to me.
    well I guess they will get no ammo deals lol

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    That might be applicable to religious Jews but Jews that keep secular like myself are no more cohesive than any other group. I think a lot of the hate just comes from ignorance, I’ve had someone ask me if Jews believe in Jesus. Truth be told the difference between Jews and Christians is quite small.

Israel and NYC are good examples how jewish cohesion works. You argue and bicker among yourselves to no end (e.g. in the Knesset) but the moment the community is faced with an outside threat all unite against it.

As for the 'relative over-representation' of jews in the professions. The same applies to any group that values education, hard work and family. You can't swing a dead cat in a hospital without hitting a persian, a pakistani and three nigerians these days.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Great first post.
    Welcome to the forum from an honorary MOTT. That was bestowed upon me by a couple of my Jewish friends.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Welcome ProfessorE., excellent post!

Boyds, Md is a very small community I’m thinking we have crossed each other in the past.

Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You're the one who explained why some Orthodox Jews won't use the sidewalk on the sabbath- motion detecting lights.
    I was always puzzled why people would wear all black and walk on the street on a Friday night when there was a sidewalk right next to them.
    It's one of those habits that only really works in heavily Jewish neighborhoods where such lights are not in heavy use... around here, I'd never get home on Friday night if I couldn't walk past a motion-detecting light.

44Dan44

DD 214 Exempt
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 15, 2022
    Owings, Maryland
    received accommodations from President George HW Bush.
    We talking Motel 6, a Hilton or the Lincoln Bedroom?

Seriously folks 3 pages in and no helpful grammar police pointed this out, Commendations are bestowed, Accommodations are rented or leased generally overnight or short term stays as needed.

Welcome to the forum.

T-Man

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2010
    Catonsville
    Is this a thread that is being posted on multiple sites or something? Because, though I am not Jewish or an expert on anti Semitism, I haven’t seen Jewish conspiracy arguments here other than an occasional crazy person who pops up and then ends up banned. Lots of strong opinions here and I could just be missing it, but so haven’t seen it.

I understand the offense about Kanye, but the dude obviously has mental issues.

He and Kylie Irving both seem to be buying into the Balck Hebrew Israelite nonsense. They hate everyone equally, but are strongly anti semotic. Theynare similar to the Nation of Islam in that way and being really messed up in general.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Great first post.

I missed this thread entirely, since I seldom visit this section.

I have to say I was quite disappointed when my wife persuaded me to do the DNA testing to trace my background, and to discover that I was <2% Jewish. But at least there was something . . .

Here on MDS, 3% is the magic number, of course.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    This thread should die. I don't know why it was even started.

It looks to me like someone, with no understanding of or familiarity with this forum, just popped up and made some long, rambling confused first post accusing us of being nazis or something.

My impression, since 2006, has always been that this is one of the most pro-semitic sites on the interwebs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom