Just got our Rock Island Armory 1911A1 back from JOHN CARDUNER master 1911 gunsmith.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trikshot

Industry Partner
    Nov 4, 2009
    Eastern Baltimore County
    Hate to hijack the thread, but have you used other Fusion parts? Have you built a gun based on a Fusion kit?

I've custom built Longslides, Govts, Commanders and Officers, using components from Fusion. Everything they make is of the highest quality. Fusion Frames are on the approved MSP Roster.
    The longslide pic on the left hand side I built using Fusion components. I highly recommend these guys. fusionfirearms.com

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I've custom built Longslides, Govts, Commanders and Officers, using components from Fusion. Everything they make is of the highest quality. Fusion Frames are on the approved MSP Roster.
    The longslide pic on the left hand side I built using Fusion components. I highly recommend these guys. fusionfirearms.com

I knew the frames were approved. At one point Bob Serva said he was going to submit some complete guns for approval. He also said he would sell me a frame, ship it here for transfer and then I would send it back and they would finish the build to satisfy MD's stupid laws.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Thank you, trikshot. The grain is nice on those grips.

I had been wanting to build a full dust cover/rail 5" gun. Fusion has been the only one selling those frames but checkng around it seemed their QC was spotty.

I see RIA has the whole pistol like that. Hmmmm...

trikshot

Industry Partner
    Nov 4, 2009
    Eastern Baltimore County
    Thank you, trikshot. The grain is nice on those grips.

I had been wanting to build a full dust cover/rail 5" gun. Fusion has been the only one selling those frames but checkng around it seemed their QC was spotty.

I see RIA has the whole pistol like that. Hmmmm...

I have been using Fusion components and kits ever since their frames made the roster list. I've found their quality to be excellent! I'm building a Commander Slabside right now, using Fusion parts. No problems and excellent quality! Many Fusion components are made by STI.

Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    "But its just a Rock Island............."

A sick rock island. I'm glad you haven't let the other guy deter you. You now have the pistol you are very happy with. Congratulations brother.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Looks nice. I hope to get some work done to my SR1911 when I get the cash together. Trigger job, etc and night sights. Maybe I will give John a shot if Lord Chad's workload is still thru the roof...that is if his other endeavors will allow it.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Looks nice. I hope to get some work done to my SR1911 when I get the cash together. Trigger job, etc and night sights. Maybe I will give John a shot if Lord Chad's workload is still thru the roof...that is if his other endeavors will allow it.

John can take good care of you. Scott can also do a bang up job on a 1911. Youll be in good hands either way,

I have halted accepting work and am leaving Smithing to start an I.T. based company with my current Boss. I dont forsee returning unless the endeavor falls through.

trikshot

Industry Partner
    Nov 4, 2009
    Eastern Baltimore County
    John can take good care of you. Scott can also do a bang up job on a 1911. Youll be in good hands either way,

I have halted accepting work and am leaving Smithing to start an I.T. based company with my current Boss. I dont forsee returning unless the endeavor falls through.

Sorry to see you leaving gunsmithing. I hope that you still will be able to keep in touch with all of us. You're insigts, knowledge base and great sense of humor have created quite a large MDS fan group. Best of luck in your new endeavor, I'm sure you'll do very well!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Sorry to see you leaving gunsmithing. I hope that you still will be able to keep in touch with all of us. You're insigts, knowledge base and great sense of humor have created quite a large MDS fan group. Best of luck in your new endeavor, I'm sure you'll do very well!

Thank you very much John :)

Ill still hang out here, and Ill still do smithing for myself so I wont forget how to turn a screwdriver ;)

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

Then please recommend a good AR smith when you are done with your backlog. I have a few builds going so before I take them out to go "bang" I would like nice knowledgeable smith to look at them so they do not go "boom"

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD

That's a shame but also exciting. Thanks for all the work you've done for all of us, though, and best of luck with your new business. Tough starting a new business...especially now...but I.T. is a growing field and hasn't been hit quite as hard as others in this economy. Good luck :thumbsup:

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    That's a shame but also exciting. Thanks for all the work you've done for all of us, though, and best of luck with your new business. Tough starting a new business...especially now...but I.T. is a growing field and hasn't been hit quite as hard as others in this economy. Good luck :thumbsup:

IT Services work is doing quite well in the commercial sector; the gov't sector has had and is continuing to have considerable contraction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom