JTS M12AK in 12 Gauge - AK Shotgun Style - MD legal?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    Pick this up at United Today from Palmetto. Cleaned it and then ran two boxes of slugs through it. No issues... put a big smile on my face. This is going to be a fun gun. Very little recoil but a muzzle brake or something would look nice. Thinking about a folding stock.

Last edited:

89P13

May 10, 2023
    The Island

Hahaha yes is correct.

I got mine cheap. I go with my neighbor to his club and shoot it. It’s fun. Others had fun with it too. Then I put it away until next time. I’ve seen more outlandish things at the range and have said the same thing or “where’s the buffalo?”. Two each their own :) all in good fun.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Seems like a fun range toy. Blasting steel plates would be fitting
    I gotta get out more.
    You can use them like any other shotgun but home defense and 3g is where people I know use them. My son has one in 410 and it runs like a Swiss watch.
    Seems ok for HD. Personally, I think there are better choices but that’s an opinion others certainly disagree with.

3 gun is on the periphery of my radar, but I get that.

Thanks for the answers.

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    I like to put slugs in it and shoot it at paper. You can do that an indoor ranges as a bonus. It's fun. Dunno, it's just a big gun that goes boom. I took it out at AGC recently and the friends with me had a big smile on their face as they were shooting it. They loved it. . Had a couple people ask about it as well.

I do read a lot of people that use them for home defense or talk about using them for home defense but I don't know that I trust a $300 gun for that. Maybe once I get a thousand rounds through it.

It's basically a Saiga 12 knockoff so presumably people use it for whatever they use Saiga 12s for, just at a price point that's like 1500 cheaper.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Legit question. What do people do with these?
    Brandon Herrera used one to turn it into scrap metal after making a 50BMG barrel for it.

Cheap chinese knock-off of a Saiga, typically not regarded as a well built clone, but it's cheap and fun when it runs.

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    Brandon Herrera used one to turn it into scrap metal after making a 50BMG barrel for it.

Cheap chinese knock-off of a Saiga, typically not regarded as a well built clone, but it's cheap and fun when it runs.

I like Brandon but I don't think he gave it a fair shake for the purposes of content. People enjoy a shitshow and he definitely saw he could stir one up. I mean it's a cheap knockoff, you're not going to get amazing results out the box. I followed the manufacturer and Youtuber recommendations for breaking it in and I haven't had a single FTE. I had a couple blown out primers once I went through a bunch of slugs, but I assumed it was overgassed, turned down the gas and it's been running flawlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom